Human Resource Officer
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently works in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location : Base Mogadishu; 50% Wadajir and 50 % Heliwa
The Human Resource officer is accountable for providing quality and efficient HR support to the Mogadishu Programme team, and provide support to the National Human Resource Manager in accordance with SOS Children’s Villages policies and procedures.
The HR Officer is part of support services in SOS team and responsible to provide effective & efficient human resources services.
Report to: National Human Resource Manager
Key Area of responsibility:
- Responsible in managing all aspects of personnel management and ensure implementing good practices of personal management systems
- Facilitate all programme recruitments, and providing guidance to recruiting managers, making available all necessary policy documents/references
- With the help of recruiting manager organizing and planning induction programmes for newly recruited staff and administer their personnel files
- Make the lead implementing performance management, including performance management information in the staff inductions, and support all line managers work with their teams member develop performance objectives every six months and conduct mid-term and final reviews, generate a monthly report on performance submission
- Closely monitor Mogadishu staff leave status i.e. annual leave, sick leave, compassionate leave, paternity/maternity, ensuring regular updating of the leave database and status reports sent out to line managers, track leave in coordination with the Area Manager and advice accordingly
- Coordinate and follow up staff training and development with facility team
- Administer Mogadishu staff compensation and benefits
- Manage staff information and Management HMIS system.
- Supervises HR Assistants
- Ensure all staff personnel files in National office are up to date.
- Other tasks assigned your line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college required with an emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related discipline preferred.
- Three years of Human Resources related experience preferred; with one or more years of previous administrative experience in a professional office setting required
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and professionally in accordance with departmental policies. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including telephone
- PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook) essential. Previous experience with applicant tracking or human resources management systems a plus.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills to ensure the completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Human Resources principles and practices.
Preferred additional criteria:
- Able to build and guide his team
- Able to work with or within a team / virtual team
- Ability to apply knowledge into written communication
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and management.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Closing date is 18th March,2019
Competent Female candidates are Highly Preferred to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.