Human Resources and Administration Officer
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Reief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||Human Resources and Administration Officer|
|Job Location||Baidao and requires travel to other field/project offices|
|Reports to||Operations Director|
|Direct Reports||15 support positions|
|Announcing Date||1st January 2019|
|Closing Date||14th January 2019|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunity employer|
Gargaar Relief & Development Organization (GREDO) is a local Somali non-governmental organization based in Baidoa, Somalia but which has sub-offices and carries out humanitarian activities in the regions of Bay, Bakool, Lower Shabelle and Banadir. GREDO is an indigenous non-profit, non-political and voluntary organization whose main objective is to reach grass-root communities affected by the prolonged conflict and recurrent cyclical natural disasters in Somalia. Established December 1992 out of a necessity and need for partnerships in relief programs and in response to the catastrophic humanitarian crises.
- Job Summary
The objective of this job is to provide human resources and administrative support to all programs/projects implemented in South and Central of Somalia and support department. The specific duties of the post include all office support activities such as staff recruitment/benefits, staff development, office administration. The position will also oversee the provision of the required support to projects from exiting 5 field/project offices in South & Central of Somalia.
R1: Staff Management(20%)
- Direct supervision of fourteen program support staff of namely one Asst. Administration & Human resource Officer, three Cleaners and ten Security Guards.
- Ensuring that program support staff are performing their tasks in accordance to their job descriptions, IOPs and GREDO policies and procedures.
- Mentoring and coaching support staff
- Conducting mid-year and annual appraisals
- Identifying training needs of the subordinates
R4: Administration Management (30%)
- Initiating Procurement Requests for all support related services and good
- Preparation and keeping of lease contracts and settlement of landlord’s payments.
- Arrangement of minor/major inside renovations to GREDO rented houses.
- Ensuring that GREDO communication is working efficient.
- Preparing and keeping contract for internet and telephone services
- Reviewing and settlement of Telephone and Internet bills for all the offices.
- Preparing and keeping contract for utility services (electricity and water)
- Record keeping of meter readings for both electricity and water service
- Reviewing and verifying utility bills.
- Ensuring the GREDO offices and surrounding are kept in clean and attractive environment
R5: Human Resource Management (50%)
- Taking lead of staff recruitment for GREDO’s South and Central of Somalia.
- Ensuring that GREDO Human Resource policies are adhered when recruiting new staff for both program support and program staff.
- Placing advertisement with online platforms, local newspapers and distributing to other field offices
- To fully participate the interview panels for all new job openings.
- Communicating in writing to the candidates for the results of the interview.
- Preparing contracts for all new selected staff, temporary staff and casuals.
- Preparing contracts extensions, promotions, transfers and terminations
- Taking through the orientation process for all newly hired staff.
- Follow-up with immediate supervisor of new staff for staff confirmation when completed the probation period.
- Ensuring staff mid-term and annual performance review is conducted, analysed and filed
- With assistance of Asst. Admin/HR Officer maintaining complete staff personnel files for all GREDO staff per GREDO HR policy and per donors ‘compliance
Ensuring that all staff has GREDO ID.
- Taking lead of staff annual plan preparation
- With assistance of Asst. Admin/HR Officer maintaining staff leave data and updating leave accruals & leave taken on monthly basis
- Producing quarterly leave annual and sick leave reports and submitting SMT.
- Preparing monthly time sheets for support staff and review program staff timesheets.
- Reviewing staff salary and making sure that personnel calls and outstanding advances are deducted.
- Co-ordinating staff development initiatives and ensuring that GREDO staff are benefiting existing development opportunities.
- Conduct safeguarding, PSEA, child protection and performance management training and retraining
- Oversee the Resources centre management and seek for additional resources or books.
- Ensuring that all staff separations are done as per GREDO policies.
- Ensuring that all separating staff is paid their separation benefits.
- General Responsibilities
- Any other duties as assigned by Operations Director.
- Designated staff for Safeguarding
- Required Qualifications ( minimum requirements)
- University Degree in Business and Administration.
Human Resources Information Management Software
3.2 Experience (minimum requirement)
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR and administration with a recognized Government, International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) or UN agency. Experience in a busy office environment is required.
- Familiarity with the operational area
3.3 Technical Skills
- Fluent speaking and written of both English and Somali language is required.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Good organizational and writing skills
Professional certification with HRM societies
- Decision Making Authority
Deductions from the salary personnel calls and any outstanding advances.
- Key Relationships
- All GREDO staff
- Potential Vendors
- Office and Guest houses Landlords
- Local Authority and Government institutions
- UN and Other International and Local non Government Organizations
8 Core Values and Critical Competencies
- Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
- Voluntarism Sustainability Management performance for success.
- Commitment Excellence Diversity
- Initiating Action Facilitating change Team mobilizing
- Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
- Adaptability Negotiation Conflict management
Applicants who are interested and qualified with the required experience are invited to submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to the HR Department at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org by latest on 14th January 2019. Please indicate the title of the position in the subject line. Applicants must provide at least three referees, two of them must be their current and previous supervisor. Safeguarding our staff and communities is our priority.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Baidoa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Tags: No Tags
1639 total views, 1 today