Hygiene Promoters (2 Positions)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below two positions of Hygiene Promoters.
Job Title: Hygiene Promoters (2 Positions)
Location: 1 Hudur and 1 Heliwa
To contribute to SOS children’s Village meet its emergency response and child survival objectives in Hudur, through the provision of quality sanitation programmes in emergencies. The role will specifically address Hygiene and, temporary construction or rehabilitation needs through assessment, programme design, management, capacity building and evaluation. The hygiene promotion assistant will train volunteers; and support hygiene promotion activities for SOS programme sectors of health, education, child protection where required
Report to: Project Coordinator
Key Area of responsibility:
- To manage community outreach activities and guarantee the efficient and effective sensitization, mobilization and participation of the communities targeted, thereby maximizing programme performance
- Working closely with the health, nutrition, protection and education teams to integrate hygiene promotion programming across the sectors.
- Prepare work plans in particular with focusing water and sanitation needs of the target population.
- Help implement the plan of action for water and sanitation schemes according to the guidelines and schedules
- Arrange, conduct surveys and need assessments, as and when required for the on-going program or future project proposals;
- Identify need of water, establish and maintain contacts with the communities, water committees, Implementing partners, line Govt. departments,
- Arrange and facilitate meetings and seminars with communities
Organize Hygiene promotion activities through effective media
Keep detailed up to date records for the project activities and water, latrine sites as per the instructions and formats provided by Project Coordinator
Perform and document regular monitoring of all project sites; planned, on-going and completed.
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma of qualification in community health, public health, nursing, social science.
- Experience in implementing and coordinating hygiene promotion activities, including programme design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to write clear, well-argued assessment and project reports, and assist in preparing successful funding proposals for donors relevant to hygiene promotion
- Monitoring and evaluation skills including knowledge on KAP surveys
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to supervise, train and coach national staff.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.