|Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka||ةيلاردفلا لاموصلا ةيروهمج|
|ةي روتسدلا نوؤشلا ةرازو|
|Wasaaradda Arrimaha Dastuurka|
Federal Republic of Somalia
Ministry of Constitutional Affairs
Terms for Reference
- Description of the post
The Ministry of Constitutional Affairs invites applicants who are citizens of Somalia for the following consultancy position:
Consultancy Title: ICT Specialist
Supervisor: Director General
Job Category: Individual Consultant
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Opening Application Date: 09/10/2018
Closing Application Date: 15/10/2018
The Federal Ministry of Constitutional Affairs (MoCA) mandate is to facilitate the creation of enabling conditions that would ensure the effective implementation of the constitutional review and implementation process. Its role therefore includes: promoting and facilitating political and public consultations on the review process with the Joint Oversight Committee of the Federal Parliament of Somalia, the Independent Constitutional Review and Implementation Commission, Federal Member States, political, social and cultural groups and the Somali people in general in order to create an open, transparent and inclusive constitutional review process.
The Constitutional Review and Implementation Support Project Initiation Plan (PIP), endorsed in May 2018, supported the Ministry of Constitutional Affairs to formulate and develop its Master-plan upon which the constitution review process will start. The PIP supported the initial activities required to take place to ensure an inclusive consultative process is in place to endorse and adopt the Master-plan. During the PIP period, the MOCA held extensive consultations with key role players and stakeholders that provided the current phase of constitutional review with the required legitimacy.
The Constitutional Review Support Project is designed to provide responsive support to the constitution-making bodies, particularly to the activities of MoCA; and support for public education and consultation, particularly envisaging the inclusion of women, youth, minorities, and other marginalized people. The projects envisaged in the MoCA Master Plan, especially with regards to consultative processes and civic education, are considered important entry points for respective project activities.
The objective of the assignment is to provide advisory support to the Director General on development of ICT strategy, introduction/implementation of new technologies, systems design development and maintenance.
- Scope of work
The ICT Specialist will serve as the main focal person for all ICT related activities for the ministry. she/he will provide technical assistance and report to the Director General of the ministry. The ICT Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of information management tools and required ICT infrastructure and provide advice on the use of new technologies to enhance the capacity of the ministry. He or /She will be responsible for the overall quality and timely submission of the monthly report and with deliverables to the ministry.
- Expected Outputs and Deliverables
|Deliverables/Output||Estimated Duration||Review and approval required|
|ICT plan for the constitutional review||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|process developed||of MoCA|
|Human Resource Management||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|software system developed, and staff||of MoCA|
|trained on new system|
|Programming of finger-print device||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|(the Latest version)||of MoCA|
|Financial Management Software||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|developed, and staff trained on new||of MoCA|
|Develop Constitutional Review||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|Stakeholders Database||of MoCA|
|Archive system developed||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|Training users and staff on this||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|system conducted||of MoCA|
|Network equipment or software||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|installation & configuration||of MoCA|
|Network traffic management||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|Optimized network infrastructure,||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|datacenter and ICT management||of MoCA|
|aligned with ministry standards|
|Maintain institutional database and||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|upgrading of ministry Website||of MoCA|
|Back-up data & recovery||Nov – Dec 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
|Produce final report||December 2018||Supervisor, Director General|
Reports to be provided:
- Monthly report for completed activities and deliverables with documents developed, training materials, manuals and guidelines
- Submit final consolidated report with all achieved deliverables, lessons learnt/challenges and recommendations.
- Institutional Arrangement
The ICT Specialist will work in close collaboration with MoCA staff and consultants, under the supervision of Director General of the ministry, Constitutional Review Support Project. Achievement of Deliverables will be approved by both the Director General of the ministry.
Payment will be made upon certification by supervisor including time sheets for actual dates of work and consultant performance in accordance with activities and deliverables as reported in the Activity Report.
- Duration of Work
Contract is for two (2) months from the period of November – December 2018.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The ICT specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Provide support to the Ministry in its ICT needs including managing the Ministry’s ICT infrastructure.
- Formulating ICT standards, procedures and guidance including system security and risk management.
- Manage the Ministry’s website including regular updates and maintenance.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Ministry staffs needs for ICT solutions including resolving reported problems with either hardware or software.
- Imaging and installation of PCs/laptops/Macs.
- Installation of printers, and other smaller devices.
- Provide assistance and advice to staff regarding use of hardware and software including replacing parts as required.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Keep proper and complete documentation of all systems, implement and maintain change control procedure and update system inventory as needed.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Timely upgrade of LAN infrastructure and internet connectivity to meet the ministry’s requirements;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Provide training, mentoring and skill development to staff in the Ministry.
- Provide monthly progress report covering deliverables and activities undertaken
- Perform any other assigned tasks as required
- Qualifications and Professional Experience
The candidates for this position must have:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences & Information Management
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in ICT role.
- Experience in management of hardware and software platforms and strong knowledge of windows-based packages/applications, web design and development of web-based office applications.
- Administrative or management experience in donor supported projects or other public sector organizations in Somalia, would be an asset.
- Hands on experience in trouble shooting, networking and relevant software applications
- Able to work under challenging circumstances with minimum supervision
- Fluent in English and Somali is required
- Gender mainstreaming
The Ministry of Constitutional Affairs is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Other information
The consultant will need to bring her/his own laptop.
- How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter and passport size photograph via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 October 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.