INCLUSION PROJECT OFFICER
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:10 Aug 2019
- Share job:
INCLUSION PROJECT OFFICER
Mogadishu, Banaadir Region
Position: Inclusion Project Officer
Location: MogadishuOffice (with regular travel)
Duration of contract: 12 months, with possibility to extend
Line Manager: Country Manager
Closing date: 24/08/2019
Created in 1982, Humanity & Inclusion (formerly known as Handicap International) (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our actions are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI was the co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its role in the International Campaign to Ban Landmines.
HI started in Somalia in 1992 by setting up a rehabilitation center and supporting a local NGO, Disability Action Network, in building their capacity and take over the management of the rehabilitation center in Hargeisa, some years later. HI’s strategy in Somalia is to support local and international actors, access to services and advocacy for the rights of persons with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups such as older persons. HI engages with development and/or humanitarian actors through partnership, collaboration and capacity development to promote inclusion, access to and participation of persons with disabilities in basic and specific services as well as in decision making processes that affect their lives.
HI is currently implementing two humanitarian action projects in North West Somalia and Mogadishu on provision of psychosocial support and protection as well as on the inclusion of vulnerable populations in humanitarian response. HI implements directly and/or in collaboration with local and international partners.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
INCLUSION COMPONENT DESCRIPTION
The organization’s inclusion mainstreaming will target governmental and non-governmental humanitarian actors. The mainstreaming approach consists of 5 pillars:
Analysis: The first step is to evaluate situations of exclusion, analyse contextualized vulnerability factors and identify barriers to accessing services.
Information and awareness:Based on this analysis the organization delivers information and awareness sessions for consortium partners staff, relevant government authorities, community and community-based stakeholders.
Training: Based on gaps and opportunities identified by the organization, or upon direct request from actors, the organization provides a range of technical trainings tailored to the priority sectors of intervention.
Advocacy: The organization promotes the adoption of inclusive approaches by humanitarian actors.
Coaching: The organization provides ongoing technical and material support to organisations to develop and implement inclusive responses.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION
ROLE OF THE EMPLOYEE
Based in Mogadishuand under the line-management of Country Manager and in functional link with Technical Advisor on Inclusive Humanitarian Action, she/he will be responsible to:
- In coordination with the line manager, the Project Officer can represents HI in the project area with any relevant stakeholders, local, national and international partners, local authorities in order to facilitate the implementation of project’s activities;
- S/he participates when needed/relevant to the Working Groups and Clusters in the field of intervention.
ACTIVITY IMPLEMENTATION/TECHINCAL RESPONSIBILITY (60%)
- In closed collaboration withCountry Manager and Inclusive Humanitarian Action Technical Advisor; develop all relevant technical tools for identification of barriers and facilitators of inclusionin partnersproject targeted areas.
- Liaise with persons with disabilities and their relevant representative organizations to engage them and their voices as much as possible in activities implementation and build trustful collaborations;
- Contribute to the identification and analysis of barriers and facilitators faced by persons with disabilities to access services (Protection, Food security, Cash transfer, WASH, Nutrition etc)
- Carry out gap and opportunity assessment at sector or organization level to tailor capacity development support to their programmes and provide recommendations to promote inclusion.
- In coordination with Country Manager and Technical Advisor organized and facilitate various training and learning sessions to humanitarian actors, on disabilities mainstreaming and inclusion of persons with disabilities based on a rights based approach, aligned to good practices and global and national policy frameworks and related evidence of what works.
ACTIVITY FOLLOW UP (IMPACT MONITORING & EVIDENCE) (30%)
- Conduct monitoring the level of inclusiveness and meaningfull access to provision by persons with disabilities and provide related input for programming for ensuring activities are responsive, and contextually and culturally appropriate.
- Engage persons with disabilities and other representatives in the monitoring of HI Actions;
- Collect and produce case studies, good practice document for learning and monitoring impact;
- Ensure a proper documentation (pictures and data collection) of training and learning of partners.
- Contribute to the production and revision of technical guidelines and materials of collaborating agencies;
- Contribute to the development of training materials to be used within inclusive humanitarian action.
- Participate to the monthly situation report by providing relevant data to your line-manager;
- Support donor reporting and participate in proposal writing when requested by line-manager;
- Lesson learning: Collect, select and ensure lessons learning processes on PSS related activities and tools
OTHERS (To demonstrate an ethic and professional practice):
- Respect confidentiality and accountability, humanitarian principles.
- Respect, promote and implement all HI’s Safe Guarding Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Address needs and requests in a professional way.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers.
Education and Competency
- Master degree in humanitarian action/development studies(Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies, Political Science, Education, Psychology or other relevant field).
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in an entry to mid-level position, with experience in the field of humanitarian response(WASH, Food Security, Nutrition etc) while working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Technical and practical understanding of core disability inclusion issues, challenges faced by persons with disabilities in crisis situation.
- Proven record of designing and facilitating trainings and workshops in humanitarian setting in participatory manner.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Ability to work under high pressure,
- English mandatory (oral and written),
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12months
Condition of application:
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to: email@example.com
- The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Inclusion Officer”
- Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
If one of the mandatory topics above isn’t respected, the candidate will be disqualified
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
HI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and Persons with Disabilitiesare encouraged to apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2729 total views, 1 today