INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FOR SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES
INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FOR SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES SOMALILAND
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland located at Hargeisa wishes to recruit an Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) Manager at the National Office. The Candidates interested in this offer should send a detailed CV and application letter by no later than 22nd March 2019 to the National Director of SOS Children’s Villages Somalia to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to IPD.ESAF@sos-kd.org
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. In Somaliland SOS Children’s Villages is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations world-wide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking for our team in the National Office a committed Institutional Partnership Development Manager.
The Institutional Partnership Development Manager supports and advises the National Association in the development of partnerships with institutions, in order to significantly diversify and increase the financial resources available for national programs. S(h)e works with the National Program Director and the Program Team to drive growth of funding income and portfolio of public grants in the country through grant acquisition, management support and training. He/she develops and implements institutional partnership strategies and is a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio as well as day to day donor relationship management with bilateral donors, international organizations, governmental institutions, embassies and any other concerned national or international organizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Grant Acquisition
- Identify institutional partnership opportunities at the national local level (from bilateral, multilateral, international organizations and embassies and foundations)
- Coordinate with the program team to conduct assessments and feasibility studies that inform program design. Conduct background research relevant for designing projects
- Coordinate and write concept notes, project fiches, program proposals and be the link between program, finance and submit this to potential institutional donors
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
- Working with the National director, be the link between SOS CV Somaliland and donors especially in management of institutional funding contracts. Ensure regular communication with the SOS CV international and regional offices
- Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting making sure that donor requirements are met during the project implementation phase.
- Prepare and submit IPD monthly updates and quarterly reports to the regional office.
- Donor Contract Management
- Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of institutional (restricted) grants, including contract preparation, development of consortium agreements, teaming agreements compliance with donor requirements, submission of reports.
- Develop, maintain and monitor a risk register and donor compliance check lists for each grant ensuring compliance to all donor requirements
- Update the grant management system for the management of grants
- Ensure all funding files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date.
- Undertake routine donor contract administration for country programmes including maintenance of records on donor contracts.
- Establish a close working relationship with the Finance and Program Departments and provide advice to ensure synergy in donor budgeting, contract management and reporting.
- Strategy, Capacity Building
- Develop and implement an institutional fundraising and partnership strategy in line with the needs of SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland and ensure this is infused within the global strategies
- Review and implement the recommendations of the donor market survey
- Train and support relevant staff in Donor contract management, Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach among other models and approaches
- Build fundraising capacity within the programme team, by training staff on funding policies donor relations, reporting, contract management, etc.
- Partnership Development and Networking
- Establish and maintain regular contact with donors by organizing donor roundtables, face to face meetings, attending donor forums etc
- Negotiate collaboration with partner institutions and government departments in support of SOS CV Somaliland subject to approval from the National director
- Assess and where possible develop partnerships and consortiums with other like-minded organizations for purposes of bidding for large donor projects.
- Represent SOS CV Somaliland in sector level meetings (development and humanitarian/emergency) and other networking forums and use this to aggressively develop funding partnerships
- Participate in regional IPD networking and training forums and contribute to development of IPD strategies to improve efficiency and best practice
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, International Relations or related field). A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A thorough understanding of program design and development especially in the sectors of Alternative Child Care, Education, Health, Livelihoods, Gender and GBV, Child Protection, etc.
- He/she should have 5-8 years extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a thorough understanding of development programming. Experience in social science research is an added advantage.
- A thorough understanding of DCM, PCM, and training approaches is required.
- The Candidate should have the following competencies, leadership, and innovation, flexible, self-drive and have the ability to work very fast and under strict deadlines.
- The candidate should have excellent skills in proposal and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills with the ability to represent SOS CV in donor forums, develop partnerships with other NGOs
- Experience of capacity building non-funding staff in all aspects of funding and contract compliance.
- Local context knowledge is added value.
- Diverse and challenging tasks in an international working environment
- Exciting working surroundings in a dynamic team
- Performance-linked salary
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed application (including application letter, CV and copies of education qualification) three traceable referees by 22nd March 2019 at the latest by 17h00 to email@example.com with a copy to IPD.ESAF@sos-kd.org Late applications will not be accepted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
A loving home for every child