Internal Audit Consultant
REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND
Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID:P151492, TF#:TF-A0389
Assignment Title:Internal Audit Consultant
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline:30 June, 2019, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in this Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
The scope of this assignment is delivering actionable outputs to assist the Internal Audit Specialist to: (i) conduct functional review of existing internal audits and review current internal audit department within the Ministry of Finance, and identify audit model acceptable to the government of Somaliland (ii) Review PFMA Act and come up with recommendations for amendment to include the Internal Audit Functions into the PFMA Act (iii) conduct internal audit staff needs assessment, develop capacity building trainings (v) develop roadmap and conduct continues capacity building trainings for the Internal Audit unit. S/he will undertake all other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Be knowledgeable in Public Financial Management with a relevant university degree. Masters’ degree will be an added advantage;
- Must possess Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) qualification;
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience of audit management at senior management/ advisory level of which 5 years must be in establishing and reforming public sector internal audit functions;
- Must have experience in leading a similar project and in using practical techniques for change management and training in a fragile or conflict state environment;
- Familiar with designing financial reports in compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and IMF-GFSM 2001compliant chart of accounts; and implementing financial management information systems;
- Good communication and writing skills in English(E).
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (CA, ACCA, CGA, CIA or CISA)
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Financenow invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s ProcurementRegulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 30 June 2019 at 24:00 Hours (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – Application for Internal Audit Consultant.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org