Internship in Training Department at National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) (2 positions)
Job Title: Internship in Training Department at National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) (2 positions)
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
PLEASE NOTE: This internship is in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and currently in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates. The Intern will be embedded in the National Independent Electoral Commission in Villa Somalia.
The Bringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by developing the capacity of governmental actors to design and administer electoral processes and by fostering increased citizen and media participation and oversight of the democratic process.
BUILD will work to develop the capacity of the NIEC in the design, development and implementation of electoral processes leading to credible one-person-one-vote elections scheduled for 2020. We are looking for two eligible students/recent graduates to take this opportunity to acquire direct practical experience within Objective Two of BUILD’s project goals; and to develop their capacity, gain knowledge on the electoral cycle in the Somali Context.
Contract duration: 3 months (with possible extension of 3 additional months
Position Start Date: Immediate
The Interns for the Training Unit work under the direct supervision of the Training Manager of NIEC and the Creative’s Training Advisor and close collaboration with all NIEC unit of the operation departments and BUILD staff to gain experience in the design, develop and deliver training related to electoral operations.
- Assist the Training section.
- Assist the NIEC in fulfilling the training needs of the NEC including producing training materials and developing and implementing training strategies and programs for all electoral operations including registration, polling and counting.
- Provides weekly reports to the BUILD Election Technical Advisor,
- Carries out any other electoral tasks at the request of the Unit Manager and the BUILD Training Advisor
The Intern will report on a day-to-day basis to the NIEC Training Manager and BUILD Training Advisor,and they will also provide a weekly written update.
Inters has to deliver a final report of activities and achievement of learning goals.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of NIEC and BUILD
- High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities;
- Excellent communication (spoken, written and presentational) skills, including ability to do presentations and class delivery andreport writting
Planning and Organizing:
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to coordinate with others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Interest in adult education and enthusiasm for sharing knowledge training
- Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes.
- Good planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- In the last year of just graduated for a degree in Education, Teaching or any other relevant discipline.
- Fluent in English and Somali (written and spoken)
How to apply:
Please, sed resumes & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org 5 PM on October 15, 2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.