Investment and Business Development Officer
|Position||Investment and Business Development Officer|
|Contract End Date||31st December 2019 with the possibility of extension|
|Closing Date||May 21st, 2019|
Hargeisa Hub (HarHub) a social enterprise and one of the first innovation hubs, co-working space, and tech-loaded event and meeting spaces in Hargeisa. Founded in 2018 and a spin-off Shaqodoon, HarHub has positioned itself as a home for where entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, drive, and passion come to alive. It is a collaborative work environment where entrepreneurs, freelancers, artists, graphic designers, writers, product designers and developers, marketing minds, tech and non-techstartups, and filmmakers can feel comfortable working on their own projects, while having the possibility of sharing, engaging and in essence, creating together with others. More than a workspace with memberships suited to all needs, meeting facilities, a quickly filling agenda of events, accelerators programs and co-creation projects, and a very flexible mentality.
Harhubis planning to launchHarhub Fund tentatively in July 2019;the fund set to support promising new and early-stage startups to grow through a combination of accelerator training, crowdfunding, mentoring, and investment. Harhub is looking for a qualified and experienced ‘Investment and Business Development Officer’ to deliver Harhub’s accelerator and investment program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop necessary tools and documentation required to evaluate beneficiaries during the training to ensure their eligibility for the accelerator programs.
- Regularly engage micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSME), startups and Harhub incubators in the identification of technical and financing needs of entrepreneurs and enhance their performance.
- Advice and build on the financing mechanism and its structures.
- Contribute to the creation of a dedicatedHarhub Fund managed by Harhub by pooling resources from the global Somali diaspora, donors, and social investors.
- Conduct needs-based training for new and existing business owners.
- Lead the accelerator program, prepare entrepreneurs for investment and coordinate meetings with various stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Prepare and closely follow up investment agreements between startups, MFIs, and the hub
- Support in the preparations and launchof the crowdfunding/online peer 2 peer platform to in order to facilitate the pooling of funds from the global Somali diaspora, donors, local communities and social investors.
- Create and/or strengthen partnerships Somaliland based banks and private companies to advance MSME in Somaliland.
- Support the setup of an angel investors network in the region.
- Prepare, organize and facilitate monthly and annual networking events to advance the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Regular site visits to monitor financed startups, keep their records up-to-date, link them mentors and quarterly review the progress against indicators and targets.
- Produce timely progress monthly and quarterly progress reports Work closely with all key partners and stakeholders and ensure good working relations prevail.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Business Administration, finance, economics, or related area.
- Fluency in English and strong writing abilities.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing business financing and investment projects with experience in the private sector, preferably associated with financing programs.
- Proven ability to nurture a smooth working relationship with international and local staff, strategic partners and varied local, national, and civil society stakeholders (MFIs, banks, technical assistance providers, international donors, research agencies, etc.).
- Sound technical knowledge of business financing products and delivery mechanisms. Strong background in administration, operations management, risk management, and financial management.
- Proven skills in budget review and financial and grant management.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills experience.
- Proven efficacy in training and facilitation of workshops.
- PC experience: Microsoft Office, Excel, Internet, E-mail systems.
- Flexible and adaptable with a persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve.
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to Jobs@Shaqodoon.com by May 21st, 2019. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Harhub is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.