INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY: Provision of Consultancy Services to Develop Communications Package for Go-to-School Campaign
INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY
Save the Children International (SCI) Somaliland program hereby invites interested consultants to bid for the consultancy assignment detailed below
|1||Title of Consultancy||Provision of Consultancy Services to Develop Communications Package for Go-to-School Campaign|
|2||SCI Contracting Office||Save the Children Hargeisa Office, Somaliland|
|3||Period of Consultancy||The Campaign will run for a period of 3 Weeks|
|4||Consultant type required||Firm.|
|5||Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs||The consultant will cover for any Logistics arrangements and costs; including food, accommodation and local transport.|
|6||Taxation Provisions||Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the local Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above|
|7||Travel requirements||Not Applicable.|
|8||Security requirements||Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somalia (if applicable)|
|9||Qualification and Experience||· Outstanding script writing skills;
· Outstanding Photography/Videography skills;
· Outstanding photo and video editing skills;
· Professional in key message development
· Good in Hand drawn artist
· At least 2 years’ experience in working with NGOs in documentation of photos and videos
· Good communications skills in English and Somali
· Proven ability to work with multicultural team
|10||Evaluation Criteria||The consultant must meet the above required qualifications and experience.|
|11||Application Procedure||Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to [firstname.lastname@example.org ].
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
• A technical proposal with a detailed response to the TOR, with specific focus on the scope of work, methodology to be used and key selection criteria.
• Initial work plan based on the methodology outlined, and indication of availability
• A financial proposal detailing the daily rate expected but not including accommodation, transportation, stationary, research assistances and all other cost related to this assignment.
• Company profile and CV’s of key experts
• At least 3 sample of previously conducted similar tasks.
• Detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates.
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
|12||Closing date for Applications||Interested consultants shall submit their applications through the email address provided above on 15th July, 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be requested for an interview.
|13||TERMS OF REFERENCE:
Provision of Consultancy Services to Develop Communications Package for Go-to-School Campaign
With a gross enrolment of 47% in primary school, you cannot take education for granted in Somaliland particularly for displaced children living in remote pastoral communities who don’t get access to education due to limited number of schools, scarce technical and vocational education and training programmes. The provision of quality education is also hampered by the lack of trained education professionals, especially outside major towns as well as the absence of comprehensive policies and a shortage of relevant teaching and learning materials. It’s because of this backdrop that the European Union is supporting Somaliland Ministry of Education to increase access and the quality of education under the Horumarinta Elmiga Programme. The Horumarinta Elmiga programme provides inclusive, quality formal and alternative basic education for primary and secondary schools across Somaliland. It’s implemented by a consortium consisting of the Somaliland Ministry of Education, CARE International and Save the Children. The three outcomes of the programme is 1) Increased access to equitable and inclusive basic education for children; 2) Improved learning outcomes for boys and girls in school; 3) Increased capacity of MOES at all levels to lead, manage and monitor the education system.
Under Horumarinta Elmiga III and GPE projects, and on behalf of the consortium partners, Save the Children is seeking to contract a qualified consultancy firm to design and produce content for an integrated Go-to-school campaign aimed at increasing students’ enrollment and retention rates. The campaign objective is to enroll/retain a total of 10,260 students (both primary and secondary) in target schools in Somaliland. This is because the current reality shows that in rural areas parents/guardians are not sending their children to schools.
The Go-to-school campaign will support Somaliland Ministry of Education in increasing enrollment and retention rates which is a major challenge in rural areas of Somaliland and as well as the urban areas. The campaign also aims to change parents’ stand on girl child’s education and promote a culture where both boys and girls go to schools equally and to find a long term solution to the reasons why students in both primary and secondary schools dropout
The purpose of the consultancy is to produce communications package for public engagement under the Go to School Campaign. The package is expected to raise awareness on the importance of education and to motivate and help parents, children, Community education committees and the public at large to take their children to schools.
The consultant is expected to develop and produce key messages, dramas, video clips and other creative art like poems for the campaign with the objective of educating the public on the importance of education and encouraging parents/guardians to send their children to school.
Tasks for the Consultant(s)
· In consultation with the education program team, develop key messages to be used during the go to school campaign. The messages will focus on the importance of education and why parents/guardians and decision makers should prioritize and allow children to learn.
· Produce a short drama of 5 min Max to be used for both Radio and TV broadcast. The production will include: Script writing, acting, directing, recording and editing.
· Produce short video-stories profiling the stories and messages of successful individuals, role models and leaders to inspire children and their parents/guardians. Each piece will be 5 min long max.
· To develop minimum five (5) hand drawn arts to promote educaiton and school enrolment
· The consortium partners will use the Mass Media, Social Media and public gatherings/mobilization to disseminate the campaign messages.
· At least 10 messages for education in both Somali and English. The messages will be used for the campaign.
· A short, well-scripted drama to be used on Radio and on TV. The drama should be recorded in a format suitable for TV and Radio airing.
· At least 5 video-stories in HD format (max 3 min long). These will include poems, messages from successful individuals, role models, children, parents and officials of the ministry of education.
Communication Channels and Methods to be used for Campaign disemmination
· Local TVs and Radio Hargeisa.
· Public Mobilization and assemblies at school level to showcase TV & Radio drama, distribute flyers and posters, play/read poems or in other words holding school theatre (poems, drama, reading stories).
· Meetings/discussions with school management and CECs, village committees, students and other community members.
· Social media channels (face book and twitter)
Target Audiences: Students, Parents/Guardians, CECs and the wider public
Campaign Partners: Ministry of Education and Science, Save the Children and CARE International.
The campaign will be executed by the ministry of Education and Science in collaboration with Save the Children and CARE International who will provide funds and technical oversight in the implementation of the campaign activities
Interested applications should send the specified documents to the below email address
Copyright and intellectual property
In consideration of the fees paid, the consultant expressly assigns to Save the Children and CARE any copyright arising from the work the consultant produces while executing this contract. All images and videos will however bear the consultant’s photo credit, as specified by international intellectual property rights. The consultant may not use, reproduce or otherwise disseminate or authorize others to use, reproduce or disseminate such works without prior consent from Save the Children
Location: The consultancy will take place in all Somaliland Regions.
How to Apply
To submit applications for this consultancy, please send the documentation to: Somaliland.email@example.com: Applications will close on 15th July 2019.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct. SCI is an equal opportunity employer.