Applications are now open for the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme 2019-20. The IsDB is currently funding the following scholarship programmes: Undergraduate, Master, PhD, and Post-doctoral research. The Programmes are an important tool in the development initiatives led by the IsDB since 1983 to foster technology and knowledge sharing among member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The programmes are designed to attract talented male and female students and build the right competence required to empower communities with a special focus on “Sustainability Science” in line with the approved fields to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Human resources development lies at the heart of development agenda of the IsDB. Today, the driving force behind the global economy is knowledge. This means economically successful nations rely more on the quality of their human resources, rather than their natural resources, to compete in an increasingly competitive world.
They are moving from a production-based society into a knowledge-based society where human resources are becoming more important than raw materials, whose prices are in constant downfall, and where capital is no longer sufficiently profitable unless it is accompanied by the “added values” of intellectual input and innovation. In other words, human resources development is the cornerstone of the entire development process.
As a development Bank, the role of the IsDB has not been limited to providing resources and financing operations, it has also been striving to help develop the human resources, ensure technology transfer to its member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries and build their technical capacities.
The launching of the IsDB Scholarship Portal is intended to put great emphasis on the development of human resources by improving access to talented students and scholars to quality higher education and research and use their full potential in a productive manner to play a vital role in the development of technology-based economy in the IsDB member countries as well as in Muslim Communities in non-member countries.
It also can be considered as a call from the IsDB to renew and reaffirm its commitment to human capital development for producing a high quality of life in which people are transformed from a social burden to a productive contributor and to appreciate the role of qualified human resources as a key driver of economic growth.
The Bank funds and implements its Scholarship Programmes as part of its overall effort to develop the Human Capital of its member countries and those of the Muslim communities in non-member countries aiming at investing in Human Capital for Promoting the Development of Knowledge-based Economy.
- The programme covers full tuition to be paid directly to the university, monthly living and books clothing allowances commensurate with the cost of living in the country of study, health insurance, etc.
- For the students who are selected to study outside of their own countries, the IsDB also provides them with economic class tickets to and from the countries of study (once at the beginning and at the end of study).
- To help students prepare themselves for their future leading role in the development of their communities and countries, the IsDB also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special programme
called “Mentorship Programme” to ensure their academic progress and social and psychological integration in the university as well as the local community environment.
The eligible candidates should:
- Citizens of any of the IsDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries
- Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major subjects
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies.
- Be medically fit and be willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Eligible Regions: IsDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries