HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1)
|Job Title:||IT Officer|
|Ministry / institution:||Civil Service Commission|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Recruitment Director|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
Purpose of the position
The IT technical support officer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
In this specific task; the IT officer will often entail monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks, prepare photo edits and videos of Hirshabelle Civil Service Commission. Is also responsible installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve any technical and applications problems, as it rises either over the phone or in person.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Prepare photo edits and videos and keep them Commission’s archieves for future use
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Priorities and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Accepts and fulfills any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the Civil Service Commission.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Commission management.
3. Qualifications andExperience
- Diploma in ITBachelors of IT is desirable
- Two years of experience in busy IT office.
- Knowledge of human resource management functionsdesirable.
- Able to translate both Somali and English Knowledge languages.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, internet, andExcel.
- Able to collate, analyse and disseminate information in a clear and concisemanner.
- Able to work independently and as part of ateam.
- Tactful and polite with excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including listening and questioningskills.
- Able to present information in a clear and logical
- Honest and fair in applying rules and to be firm and assertive when required by circumstances.
- Able to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order tomeet deadlines.
- Able to be proactive and work unsupervised.
How to apply
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 10 Jan 2019
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website. www.somalijobs.net