IYCF Officer – Kismayo– Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reportsto:Nutrition Deputy Programme Manager
Staffdirectlyreportingto thispost: No
Country Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 500 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
- Deegree in Nutrition, Nursing, Midwivary, Public health, or equivalent.
- Advanced Diploma with extensive nutrtion work experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Advanced Diploma with extensive nutrtion work experience.
- Minimum three years practical experience in IYCF and Nutrition programming.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding;
- Experience of implementation programs (ideally nutrition related), including monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in conducting assessments and an understanding of nutritional data;
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles;
- Experience and ability to represent Save the Children’s nutrition work in external meetings;
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours,
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, Statistical Packages and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working inPlease
apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Application will be close on 19th September2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents