Junior Water Engineer – Monitoring
- Job category: Engineering/Construction Work
- Post date:13 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
|Position title||Junior Water Engineer – Monitoring|
|Appointment type||Three (3) months with possibility of extension|
|Reports directly to||Head of Project|
|Overall supervision||Area Manager|
|Number of direct reports||None|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Date||13th November 2019|
|Closing Date||26th November 2019|
|Budget line – Project code||SOM1034|
Welthungerhilfe is a non-profit organization headquartered in Germany that aims to reduce hunger and poverty. It has its ETH/SOM Regional Office in Addis and a Programme Office in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing development projects in Somaliland since 2001. Multi-sectoral projects have been implemented in the Awdal, Marodijeh, Togdheer & Sanaag Regions for the past 18 years. Presently, Welthungerhilfe has implementing projects in Awdal and Marodijeh Regions focusing on Wash, environmental and agriculture projects. The projects are funded by The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of the German Government (BMZ), GIZ and WFP.
WHH is currently in the process of implementing WASH project under SOM1034 in Awdaal and Gabilley regions funded by German Foreign Office. The project seeks to increase access to safe reliable and sustainable water supply, through rehabilitation of high yielding and strategic boreholes. The project plans to engage a temporary experienced water engineer who takes pleasure in his work. The engineer will be engaged for a period of three months with possibility of extension based on availability of funds.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The engineer will form part of boreholes assessment team to accurately define technical challenges that faces every targeted boreholes and other water sources.
- The water engineer will support the process of groundwater yield/ test pumping when called upon and compile reports for every assessment conducted.
- Based on the technical assessment finding for every targeted water point, the engineer will develop technical drawings and BOQs that matches current market rates.
- r will compile current cost of common materials from the market and submit to the head of the project. He will ensure that the data is update as cost of common materials changes.
- The engineer will support the procurement department during tender process
- The engineer will hand over the sites to the successful contractors and offer technical orientations for good understanding and oversee preliminary work such as setting out.
- The engineer will conduct periodic technical supervisions at critical stages of works, to ensure that the contractor follows the BOQs and drawings as stipulated in the signed contract agreement.
- The engineer will submit progress report and measure work completed in order to recommend payment releases to contractors in percentages as indicated in the contract.
- In consultation with the head of project and other engineers, he/she will organize water point technician trainings and orientation for technicians in all completed water projects.
- In collaboration with the head of project and other engineers, he/she will ensure smooth handing over process of completed water project to the water point technicians and community at large.
- The engineer will fill in both 3W and 4W matrix and submit to the head of project for scrutiny and final submission.
- He will be expected to oversee any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- The engineer will directly report to the head of project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in water engineering/ civil engineering.
- More than 3 years’ experience in borehole rehabilitation especially in emergency interventions
- Experience in BOQs and technical drawings preparations
- Experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English and Somali languages
- Flexible and willing to work for long hours,
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes with inflexible deadlines,
Fluency in English and Somali
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – Displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of WHH.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (Cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “ Junior Water Engineer – Monitoring “ by no later than on 26th November 2019. All applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2266 total views, 2 today