Livelihood Assistants (10) positions
|Livelihood Assistants (10) positions|
|Employment category: Grade 6 Step 1
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Authorization level: As per DRC IDRA
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
The position holder will be responsible to ensure that proper of the registration of returnees, refugees and IDPs through the SCOPE System including biodata collection, uploading and the top-up of the e-cards.
|Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
· Collect all the biodata of the clients and record them properly through the offline and the online system
· Continuously collect information related to movement of IDPs and update Scope Registration Officer
· Ensure there is always DRC presence at the reception center for receiving and guiding the returnees on issues related to registration on SCOPE
· In case of any other emergency, be the focal persons who will be able to mobilize resources for assessment and possible response
· Provide statistics and data analysis as required.
· Draft routine correspondence and reports.
· Perform any other responsibilities deemed appropriate by the line manager
· Contribute systems for documenting feedback received and maintain clear records, acknowledging receipts of feedback including complaints.
· Document all beneficiary feedbacks received from all channels and share with scope registration Officer.
· Support Data are regularly monitored and accurately captured
· Ensure verification of personnel data through nominal rolls
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Minimum 2-year experience in the Database Management
· Experience in Health and nutrition
· Good skills and ability to run and operate database systems
· At least 2year experience working with NGOs and/or other international agencies
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
· Bachelor of Information Technology and/or Records Management
· Diploma in health or Nutrition
· Strong and better communication of written and verbal of English language
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: 1st Sept, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject heading “Livelihood Assistant – Mogadishu” not later than 24thAugust 2018@04:30 PM EAT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)