CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND INTERGRATED DEVELOPMENT 🙁 CeRID)
LIVELIHOOD OFFICER POSITION ADVERTISEMENT:
Centre for research and integrated development was established in 2004 by cohort of Somali professionals and intellectuals. CeRID being a social-oriented research is a non-governmental institution working for the welfare of the Somali people in emergency situations and post recovery and reconstruction programs. CeRID is fully committed to promoting community self-reliance for recovery and development through research based effective interventions initiatives and human capacity development. CeRID thematic focus programs include; Social Research Services, Education services, Natural Resources management, Livelihood support, Water and Sanitation as well as Environmental and social Justice for peace promotion, community re-integration and conflict transformation programs.
Purpose of the position:
The Livelihood officer will be expected to undertake key activities in the implementation of food for peace project funded by World vision in Luuq district. The livelihood officer should be able to help the target beneficiaries and build their resilience through adaptation of livelihood practices aiming to combat the short term relief mentality and to come up with long term initiatives such as food production based knowledge and formation of saving groups which has proved successful over the years. The main aim of the project is to alleviate the sufferings of vulnerable communities in Luuq. The chosen candidate is expected to work closely with the fellow team members to ensure the goals and aims of the project are achieved perfectly and at the stipulated timeframe
- Develop sustainable initiatives on livelihoods to support and encourage local communities to maximise their existing strengths and develop new skills and climate change adaptation practices for their resilience.
- Identify new opportunities, develop new initiatives for the sector development, seek out new partnerships and maintain community relationships.
- Assist the target beneficiaries in the formation of saving groups by providing them with the required knowledge and support for its continuity.
- Develop and provide knowledge and expertise on livelihood sector to the sector and project specific staff.
- Undertake continues assessments and baseline surveys on existing food security and livelihood coping mechanisms, practices and systems of the communities and develop better and sustainable intervention approaches.
- Design and develop community-based natural resource management (CBNRM) awareness and sustainable initiatives for better environmental conservations.
- Explore and develop the potentialities of the agricultural sector and aim of improving the existing livelihood sector.
- Develop and contribute in terms of knowledge and expertise into Livelihood sector particularly on: building community resilience, & environment Management
- Responsible for improving the integration of the agricultural activities such as increasing crop productivity practices with other sectors.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and other project team to ensure that the program/project reports are prepared in a timely manner for submission.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual program/project reports as required and submitted to the program manager and to the program/project funding donor partner.
- Provide the technical leadership in the development and implementation of the livelihood sector activities such as creating income generation initiatives, market development, livestock and climate change adaptation as prioritized by communities and local authorities through technical best practices.
- Work closely with the stakeholders such as the health practitioners, the local and federal government representatives, donors.
- Ensure effective partnership to bring in staff capacity and support from a range of public and private organisation to promote new types of thinking and implementation of quality programs with support from people who have the appropriate skill set.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A minimumof a degree in natural resource management, livelihood and rural economic development from a known university or college.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in agricultural sector.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent flexible project management skills with very good partnership management skills.
- Demonstrate well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, prioritize tasks and manage multiple activities with attention to details, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Cultural sensitivity essential.
- Applicant should understand and speak fluently Somali and English languages.
- Office based with frequent and constant visitation to the field.
- On Call: The position holder will be on call in case of any emergency that requires his/her attention.
- The duty station will be based in Luuq district.
NB: NB: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and Academic transcripts to CERID Luuq office or send through these emails email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th of August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.