Livelihood Programme Officer
SHABELLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (SHACDO)
|Job Title||Livelihood Programme Officer|
|Reports To||Programme Coordinator|
|Job Location||Afgoye, Lower Shabelle Region|
|Vacancy Announcement Number||SHACDO/NO/030|
|Background||Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO) is a local nongovernmental humanitarian and development organization which is headquartered in Mogadishu-Somalia, but has sub project office in Afgoye district. The organization has been implementing outstanding community development projects in collaboration with National and International partners. Such projects included basic community needs during the severe famine i.e. humanitarian projects, e.g. Cash For Work, Education, Capacity building and training for the community development workers, construction of water wells and tanks, clean water provision, waste collection, sensitizing the community on Sexual-gender based violence, use and drinking of clean water and Environmental health and sanitation. SHACDO prioritizes to identify the most appropriate targets for their projects where the poorest communities are suffering most.|
|Job Purpose||The Livelihood Programme Officer is responsible for the leadership, management, learning and successful implementation of SHACDO’s livelihood activities in Lower Shabelle Region. The incumbent is to ensure that specified programme goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, strategies, timelines and budgets, and that all reports and information required are produced on time, to a high standard. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible to lead on/spearhead key livelihood and related activities, especially the training, mentoring, and monitoring of Self Help Groups (SHGs), Income Generation Activities (IGAs) and others under Lower Shabelle Region.|
|· Ensure that livelihood programme activities are commenced in a timely manner and implemented to a high standard, in compliance with SHACDO standards, policies and donor guidelines.
· Work in close collaboration with programme staff to implement resilience and emergency project activities as outlined in the proposal.
· Develop or further SHG cluster and federation access to funding opportunities both internally and from external sources, including linkages with financial institutions.
· Improve the quality/growth of individual SHGs to further progress into cluster level associations (CLAs) and federation for better establishment of community-driven programmes.
· Develop annual, quarterly, and monthly work plans for the assigned components and keep the programmes coordinator updated of any changes, updates, progress and challenges.
· Collaborate with M&E officer to ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation of SHG and IGA activities in Lower Shabelle Region.
· Ensure the preparation and timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative reports.
· Contribute to the development of programme including proposals, implementation plans, assessments, and documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
· Seek out opportunities for integration with other sectors within SHACDO for better complementarily thus desirable impacts.
· Organize meetings with the community committees/elders and local authorities of the target areas in selecting/identifying the program target beneficiaries and also lead the gathering by using facilitation and participatory process and then prepare minutes from the meetings.
· Establish and maintain close coordination and cooperation with local authorities and line ministries, between communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders as necessary for better relation and collaboration and effective implementation and monitoring project activities.
· Design, develop and provide training for target communities to develop skills and capacitates for resilient livelihood strategies to improve household productivity and income (small business development, vocational trainings, Self-Help Groups/Micro-finance trainings)
· Act as technical focal point for all activities and outputs on livelihood.
· Attend monthly and hoc meetings, and contribute and represent SHACDO at all related events and meetings.
· Attend National Food security monthly meetings in Mogadishu and Lower Shabelle Region
· Document lessons learned, case studies, suggest and support initiatives to improve quality of the project
· Monitor expenditures related to livelihood activities and provide inputs to timely preparation and submission of funds requests, budget revisions and financial reports
· Carry out or participate in rigorous monitoring of field activities against the project activity plan. Provide written briefs on all field visits carried out.
· Ensure that all cross-cutting issues are well understood by the partners and mainstreamed into programme activities; equality (especially gender), DRR, environment, etc.
· Ensure active community participation in project activities and continuous flow (two-way) of information between the SHACDO field office and target communities/beneficiaries.
· Give feedback on programme quality issues and any complaints from beneficiaries to the field supervisor after the field visits.
· General participate in emergency interventions if/as required by the management
· Carry out any other duties reasonably assigned by your line manager
|Qualification And Experience:
|· Bachelor degree in microfinance, rural development, development studies or related areas.
· Minimum experience of 3 years in similar position or working with saving groups, income generation activities and/or behavior change programmes
· Experience in project management including project planning and monitoring
· Experience with budget planning and expenditures monitoring
· Good knowledge of and skills in using participatory methodologies and approaches
· Excellent written and spoken English, fluent Somali. Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ad enthusiasm about improving and increasing livelihood opportunities in Lower Shabelle
· Strong computer skills at least on word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Shacdo’s Office, Shire Apartment, Airport Road, KM4 area, Wadajir district, Benadir, Somalia with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for Livelihood Programme Officer” The closing date for application is 21st March 2019. Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position!
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Afgoye
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Tags: No Tags
1416 total views, 1 today