Logistics and IT Assistant
Job Description: Logistics and IT Assistant
The HALO Trust is a Non-Profit International Non-Governmental Organization. The HALO Trust is the world’s largest humanitarian mine action organization and has conducted mine clearance and explosive ordnance disposal operations in Somaliland since 1999, employing over 500 local staff.
Duty Location: Hargeisa
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Application deadline date: 24/03/2018
A dual role that covers both logistics and IT functions within HALO’s Hargeisa HQ and Burao Location. In logistics, the role will support HALO’s mine clearance activities by helping to provide the equipment needed to do the job in the field. This part of the role will involve proactively organising teams’ requests, database management, stock checking and auditing.
In IT, the role will focus on the monitoring, maintenance and standardisation of IT systems across the organisation, assisting users with issues as they arise. The successful candidate will liaise with Head Office in the UK and external service providers in Somaliland to ensure systems are working to optimum levels. Quality control of operations data will also be required.
- Receiving and sending equipment orders to and from the minefield
- Update and maintain capital and non-capital databases and accompanying paperwork
- Ensure all logistics paper works including supply in, supply out, transfers and store checks are properly completed and filed
- Produce capital data check sheets, team and supervisors check sheet for both recovery and deployment.
- Supervisemain stores
- Resolve network and user problems in response to requests from Hargeisa and Burao
- Monitor systems operations and performance, recommending improvements to senior management
- Connecting users to servers, VPNs and wireless devices
- Manage programme back-up, encryption and other IT security requirements in compliance with global HALO policies
- Quality control checks on data submitted by operational teams
- In both roles, the candidate will be expected to proactively seek solutions and improve systems
- University degree of Information Technology (IT) or equivalent.
- At least two years of Experience in similar role.
- Strong working knowledge of server management.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Well-disciplined and motivated
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a willing to listen and learn from others
How to Apply
- The HALO Trust is an equal opportunities employer, and will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of age, sex, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic. All recruitment is conducted in a transparent manner, with selection made solely on the basis of ability. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Submit a CV and cover letter in soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to HALO’s Head Office in Hargeisa.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- PLEASE ENSURE A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER IS CLEARLY MARKED