VSF Germany, Ngong’ Road, Piedmont Plaza, Opp. Former KSTC
VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF Germany supports in animal health, livestock related agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution with the ultimate aim of food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of South Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. It focuses on Livestock, food security and Livelihoods, Natural Resources Management, Peace and Conflict, Good governance, Disasters & Emergency, and Agriculture, marketing, but also with developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. The regional office is based in Nairobi.
Posting Location and duration
- The position is based in Hargeisa-Somaliland.
- Initially it will run for one year and may be renewed depending on performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for effective application of organizational policies and procedures by employing logistics principles so as to contribute to the achievement of VSF-Germany programming objectives at field level. This incumbent will support the logistics operations in Hargeisa-Somaliland office.
Logistics Assistant job description
- Booking VSF staff and cargo on EC or commercial flights as requested in collaboration with the Regional Office Nairobi (RON) logistics
- Ordering items in timely manner as requested by staff and approved by the Project Manager.
- Keeping stock cards updated for all stores at all times.
- Keeping an updated inventory of all VSF-G permanent properties (office, store, tukuls) and field locations and sending it to Nairobi office.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment in the whole office.
- Responsible for the accommodation and transport for VSF staff and goods
- Observation, effective and efficient application of organization, government, partnership and donor policies and procedures at all times in logistical processes of the organization.
- Effective and efficient management of transport and distribution of organization assets, goods and personnel.
- Contribute to operational value addition in input and services procurement through due diligence, productive forecasting and implementation.
- Proactive and proper management of contracts, internal and external.
- Demonstrate promotion of the values of the organization, donors and partners.
Job Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience in logistics position within an international organization
- Computer skills with ability to use the Microsoft office packages.
- A degree or Diploma in logistics or related fields
- Must have 2 years of experience in driving with valid driving license
- Experience in security management is an added advantage.
- English mandatory (oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Good organizational skills, co-ordination and the transfer of knowledge.
- Good communication skills and a commitment to team work.
- Practical experience in implementation of logistical functions at national level for not less than two (2) years.
- Demonstrated experience of effective management of international as well as national air and road transport functions in humanitarian and development organizations.
- Operational knowledge and experience of Somaliland logistics as an added advantage.
- Experience in management of cold and pharmaceutical supply chains is essential.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter indicating your current and expected salary in the letter, and your CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts to: Head of HR & Administration VSF Germany, postal address P.O. Box 25653, 00603, Nairobi, Kenya or to Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before or on Wednesday, 30th May 2018. Indicate the job Title ‘LOGISTICS ASSISTANT-SOMALILAND’ on to the envelope or the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The Advert closes as soon as the suitable candidate is found. This is a National position and Somaliland Citizens and Women are encouraged to apply.
N/B: VSF G does not ask for payment from applicants for recruitment of any position in its organization.