Logistics Business Support Assistant – Invoicing (3 positions)
|UN WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME – SOMALIA|
|VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 037/2018|
|Post Title:||Logistics Business Support Assistant – Invoicing (3 positions)|
|Contract type:||Service Contract|
|Duration:||1 year (initial)|
|Date of issue:||19 July 2018|
|Closing Date:||1 August 2018|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Associate and the overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive and verify invoices from transporters and service providers and ensure all supporting documents are received;
- Ensure weekly invoice status report is prepared and submitted on time;
- Prepare the Consolidated Delivery Report (CDR) generated from the corporate commodity tracking system (LESS) and other supporting documents required for invoice processing;
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure no discrepancies exist between the LESS and Invoices;
- Reconcile and monitor entries posted in the corporate Invoice Tracking System (ITS) on a weekly basis to ensure that all items are current in terms of age as well as in progress in settlement;
- Ensure timely clearance of invoices at Area Office and facilitate onward forwarding to the Nairobi Liason Office for payment;
- Participate in monthly physical stock inventory activities;
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities to ensure the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Prepare various reports as requested by supervisor;
- Assist in the capturing of receipt commodities in the system when required;
- Maintain filing systems and archives for swift and easy retrieval of information;
- Share knowledge and experience with other staff members and work to foster a team spirit;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary secondary training or certificate in the related functional field is desirable.
Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, insurance, statistics and logistics operations.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge: Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine Logistics activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day-to-day work. Proven knowledge and experience in using computer software is desirable. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures and in the area of work.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.