Management Information Systems (MIS) Specialist
TITLE: Management Information Systems (MIS) Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Research, M&E, and MIS
REPORTS TO: Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
LOCATION: Hargeisa Somaliland
Who we are
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” across over 60 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
PSI Somaliland seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in routine health data monitoring systems and data visualization for the position of MIS Specialist. The successful candidate is responsible for the coordination and establishment of DHIS2. The focus will be doing analytics, dashboard development as well as general system administration across the PSI’s programs.
The Information Systems Specialist defines and develops analytical plans to support the delivery of projects for both internal and external clients. He/she has the primary responsibility of driving innovation, data management, and project deliveries while integrating data from multiple sources into DHIS2.
Sound like you? Right on. Read on.
analytics and dashboard development in DHIS2
- Translate project performance monitoring requirements into impactful data visuals
- Develop individual & shared dashboards based on project needs and best practices
- Create and maintain data validation rules/indicators to improve data quality
- Oversee the development and management of all of PSI Somaliland Information Systems to provide essential program information for department heads, donors, stakeholders, MOH and partners.
- Technical leadership to ensure the projects have strong Management information system and can measure progress against indicators in line with the projects log frames
- Promoting and encouraging program team to use the data for decision making and program improvement
DHIS2 system administrationand configurations
- Set-up and maintain new and existing DHIS2 configuration such as Organization Units, Data elements, Indicators, dashboards andUser account management.
- Configure new datasets/programs to track both aggregate and case management data
- Follow PSI best practices and good standards for DHIS2 information systems development.
- Manage the user experience testing processes and ensure feedback incorporated
- Assist with the Research and M&E Manager to improve the program’s evidence base for sharing within the program teams, donor, MOH, health sector partners and to inform wider policy development, this is including sharing MIS data with the MOH.
- Provide support in the integration of other 3rd party tools (Electronic Management System, Financial System, Customer Management System)with DHIS2
Provide capacity building support in DHIS2
- Train project staff to effectively interpret and manipulate DHIS2 dashboards
- Build the capacity of PSI DHIS2 users on analytical and data capture modules
- Increase the capacity of evidence teams in DHIS2 maintenance tasks
Provide support for Android app development and deployment
- Train PSI program teams and partners on the use of mobile data collection tools with preference to the DHIS2 mobile apps
- Coordinate with GBS technical team to test, troubleshoot bugs and misconfigurations of Android data capture apps linked with DHIS2
- Develop project end-user and training manuals for mobile data entry.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or a related field
- You have experience in managing databases systems with numerous users
- You have experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- You can construct (or you are excited to learn) SQL queries and managing databases
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
What would get us excited?
- You are fluent in English
- You have experience working with M&E systems for public health programming
- Experience in supporting or delivering mobile technology based solutions
- Working knowledge or experience on using DHIS2
Contact Us if You Have What it Takes:
If you think you are a great fit we would love to hear from you. The position will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Send a note sharing how you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you can contribute along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Sunday 27th May 2018