SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT (SSIPWP
Terms of Reference
|Reporting to:||Head section planning|
|Duration:||20 Months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Jubaland state Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the position
- The Monitoring and evaluation officer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing tracking, review and assessment of implementation performance of policies and programs of the MPWRH jubaland statethrough effective monitoring and evaluation. This entails providing suggestions to the Ministry’s leadership to improve planning of the Ministry’s work program delivery.
- Support planning and programming activities of the ministry by providing technical information on monitoring and evaluation outcomes.
Scope of services
Reporting to the Head of Planning or another person as assigned by the DG or higher MPWRH Jubaland State authority, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Help in the design of M&E tools and formats for collecting data and assessing performance of various directorates to deliver the mandate of the ministry in support of Government’s development policies and programs.
- Assist staff to understand the M&E system including performance indicators and evaluation criteria to enhance their capacity to achieve performance targets.
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and provides technical inputs on monitoring and evaluation parameters to improve planning, programming and implementation of policies and programs of the ministry
- Develops monitoring and evaluation system relevant to the mandate of the organization to guide performance tracking activities MPWRH jubaland State staff and the Ministry’s work program
- Assists in defining monitoring and evaluation requirements of projects and programmes of the organization
- Develops monitoring tools and formats and undertakes data collection activities of the organization
- Conducts preliminary analysis of monitoring data and submits reports to the Director
- Provides technical inputs on monitoring and evaluation to improve planning, programing and implementation of corporate plans and strategy of the organization
- Supports directorates/departments to appreciate M&E activities by assisting staff of the department to understand the monitoring and evaluation system including performance indicators, evaluation criteria, and assessment and scoring methods to facilitate timely delivery of plans and programs
- Prepares and submits technical and performance reports on monitoring and evaluation activities to the Director
- Conducts analysis of monitoring data, documents findings from monitoring and evaluation activities and submits monitoring reports to the Director
- Works closely with directorates/department to ensure that data collected for purposes of evaluating development policy performance is credible and of high quality
- Helps to clarify issues on performance monitoring and evaluation outcomes
- Assists directorates to interpret and communicate accurately, monitoring and performance progress reports.
- Any other duties assigned by his/her Supervisor
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in international development, social science, economics, statistics or another relevant field (academic focus on M&E strongly preferable)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in working in the public sector or an international organization/development finance institution would be an asset
- Excellent organizing and communication skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Somali and English.
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, Closing date by 25thMay, 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “M&E Officer MPWRH Jubaland State Somalia & VA.no: 0071/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.