Medical Sales Representatives
Medical Sales Representatives
Based in Hargeisa and Burco
Reports to the Social Franchise and Business Manager
Duration: 1 Year
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI Somaliland is one of our innovative network members working with the commercial sector in reproductive health, diarrhea prevention & treatment, fever case management, and childhood nutrition. The team focuses on the estimated 60% of women who use the private sector for their first line of health solutions. Using market and behavioral data PSI Somaliland develops marketing plans to increase demand for and access to quality health products and services in the private sector, including through franchising of private health facilities.
We are looking for a Medical Sales Representatives who will be responsible for the achievement of the platform sales targets as well as continuous knowledge updates for the providers and pharmacists who deliver PSI’s products and services. They will work with channel members to market and distribute PSI products. They will be Responsible for achieving quality of coverage by ensuring that service delivery points always have products and are well branded. They will also support other PSI programs with market intelligence, and the development of IEC and Point of Sale materials.
Our ideal candidates have extensive experience of “owning” tasks and learning quickly. S/he thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, enjoys multi-tasking & monitoring market trends, strives to take on responsibility, and takes pride in ensuring that every detail is checked and a job is well done.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Be responsible for achieving monthly and annual sales targets as set by the Business Manager.
- Re – distribute products from the distributor and wholesalers to retailers and health service providers across your territory
- Continuous assessment of providers’ knowledge and provide required information where gaps exist with respect to FP/RH/MCH services.
- Ensure linkage of other channel members, providers, CBOs and NGOs with wholesalers for easy access to products
- Continuously monitor the market and provide intelligence on product recommended prices are respected by all channel members
- Represent PSI at distributors and wholesalers and provide regular feedback to the Business Manager on stock position at the Distributor’s warehouse and performance of wholesalers and retailers.
- Be responsible for achieving quality coverage of PSI products by ensuring that service delivery points always have products and are well branded.
- Responsible for the maintenance and expansion of the distribution network which includes close monitoring of existing sales channels but also the seeking out of additional distribution outlets to increase coverage.
- Electronically capture every sales detail, provider detail and placement GPS details at every point of sale.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Business Manager or the PSI/Somaliland management team.
- Performance would be measured based on:
- Volume of PSI products re-distributed as indicated by electronic data captured by the server.
- Presence of PSI products in outlets as evaluated during field support visits.
- Number of providers and pharmacist, Doctors, Nurses, visited and informed.
- Number of CBOs and NGOs linked to and utilizing PSI products for their
- Retail prices of PSI products as indicated by monthly price survey
- Timely submission of well written weekly updates and monthly reports to the Business manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a vibrant and energetic individual with extensive knowledge and experience in the sales and distribution of medical products and supplies.
- Pharmacist, Nurse, Midwife, Community Health Extension worker or a degree in any of the health sciences.
- Has at least 3 years professional experience in sales and distribution of medical products and supplies.
- Relevant field-based experience in Maternal and Child Health, training, products or communication.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision;
Got what it takes?
If you think you are a great fit, we would love to hear from you. Please send an email with a brief background on yourself and a CV to email@example.com with “Medical Sales Representative” in the subject line by 12th of September 2019.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.