Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Job description- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
The Pharo Foundation is a private foundation committed to the development of Africa. Our vision is an economically self-reliant Africa. Our mission is to facilitate economic independence of the African people through the promotion of sustainable livelihoods and job creation in Africa. We value sharing, passion, respect, humility and collaboration.
In the last six years, we have funded projects worth over US$6 million in Ethiopia, Somaliland, Somalia and South Sudan. These projects are contributing towards improved access to financial services, education, health, water and sanitation.
Based on lessons learnt from these projects and wide-ranging consultation we have carried out, we have developed a new five-year strategy (2016-20). Our strategic objective is to significantly improve the income and livelihoods of households in Africa. We are committed to scaling up our work; improving the quality and the effectiveness of our programme selection, design and implementation based on evidence; and achieving significant and lasting improvements in the quality of life of the people whom we support.
The monitoring and evaluation coordinator is expected to support the programme planning, implementation and review process. The post holder is expected to develop a monitoring and evaluation system and ensure the generated data/findings feed into the programme development and decision-making process. The position will be based in Hargeisa with regular travel within Somaliland.
Reporting directly to the Country Representative, s/he will have the following key duties and responsibilities
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system for the livelihoods programme
- Develop a planning and reporting systems for the livelihood prgoramme
- Develop planning, reporting, monitoring, evaluation tools, data collection and storage systems (such as databases, etc)
- Initiate, lead and coordinate feasibility studies, technical assessments, baseline surveys
- Provide technical advice on programme design and contribute to the development of results-based framework with appropriate indicators
- Plan and lead M&E training workshops to build the capacity of team in use of M&E data for programme development
- Ensure appropriate internal communication and feedback systems are in place and functioning to allow M&E findings inform programme planning and implementation
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Country Representative.
Required qualities and skills
- A degree in project management, international development or other related disciplines;
- At least five years relevant professional experience
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for livelihoods programmes
- Competence in use of computer software programmes
- Ability to be creative and innovative in generating new ideas and undertaking research.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism and work ethics
- Good writing and reporting skills.
- Fluent in Somali and English
- Commitment, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to programme areas.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A covering letter briefly outlining how you meet the key duties and responsibilities and the required qualities and skills, when appropriate with evidence (maximum 1,000 words).
- Your current or last benefit package and expected benefit package for this position.
- Deadline for submission of applications is Saturday, 30th June 2018.