Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Reports to:||MEAL Coordinator||Grade:||D|
|Role Overview:||The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer works closely with all the departments in developing and delivering monitoring, evaluation plans and systems. Provide on-going monitoring and impact assessment to ensure that data collected is reliable and accurate, and programmes is progressing in line with milestones and outcomes. Will also provide direct assistance to build partners and staff capabilities in M&E and act as a trainer.|
|Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:||Key Activities|
|Planning||· Lead MEL activities during the annual planning and budgeting process to develop a good quality plan for the M&E in the CP
· Ensure quality of data/ statistics in programme plans
· Lead and coordinate developing and designing M&E tools, systems,leading baseline, assessments and framework for programmes.
· Assist program and fundraising teams in proposal writing processes.
|Monitoring and Evaluation||· Lead and support the programme to develop systematic and realistic MELP (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan) that captures quantitative and qualitative data to report on performance indicators, and ensure adherence to the plans.
· Coordinate implementation of baseline and annual surveys, following on monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives.
· Develop program and operational data collection templates that facilitate acquisition and aggregation of information for the programmes.
· Organize and coordinate lessons learnt from workshops/reviews of performance with partners and other stakeholders.
· Analyse quantitative and qualitative data produced including the manual analysis of monitoring forms.
· Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing
· Develop and maintain effective information database for ActionAid program, providing resources and necessary support for inputs and outputs.
· In collaboration with all departments of the Country Programme, prepare monitoring, reviews and evaluations work plans and ensure ongoing activities are in line with the work plan.
· Carry out day-to-day monitoring of activities as per the monitoring, evaluation and learning plan.
· Provide recommendations based from the lessons learnt and data generated from monitoring missions to improve performance.
· Prepare and submit quarterly monitoring reports on progress to the Programme head and other concerned units.
· Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on performance based on monitoring data findings
· Lead in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
· Facilitate terms of reference (TOR) for program, project and CSP reviews and evaluation processes
· Act as coordination hub for reviewing and feed backing to review and evaluation reports by external consultants
· Lead in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
· Support coordinating in conducting Programme Data Review
· Support partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input
· Ensure transparency, accountability and strict compliance of procedure relating to services and procurement as per the contractual obligations.
|Reporting and Documentation
|· Develop and share field visit reports with relevant staff
· Document and organize best practices, learnings and file findings for references and sharing
· •Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to relevant departments
|Collaborations||· Work collaboratively with different programmes unitsto strengthen integration and cross-learning within programme
· Contributing in maximizing effective and efficiency utilization of ActionAid Somaliland resources by deploying value for money
· Contributing in designing and managing database and softwares for all intervention
· With the support of the relevant departments develop a risk matrix for management
· Ensure that programme targets and beneficiaries are properly identified as per organizational policy and projects commitment to reach the most affected poor people, women and children.
|Learning and Sharing||· Build capacity of staff and partner organisations in the logical framework, data management, data analysis and results‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods, through ongoing training and mentoring
· Develop and embed tools, systems and processes to improve organisational monitoring and evaluation practices of partner organisations
· Initiate systems with the use of new technology and innovation for better M&E processes.
· Promote the culture of shared learning in the organisation
· Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
|Other Duties||· Undertake any other assignment as assigned.|
|Programme team||Working Relationship|
|Education &Experience||· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or other relevant areas
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in monitoring and Evaluation and working with NGOs.
· Experience of conducting researchand organising lesson-learning sessions
|Essential knowledge and skills||· Knowledge of SPSS software or other similar tools
· Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning
· Knowledge Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
· Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
· Communication skills for presenting monitoring findings
· Familiarity with the context of the country as it affects projects
· Capacity building and training skills
· Proficiency in English and Somali
|Desirable Knowledge and Experience||· Complex Data Management and Analysis
· Designing and implementation of MIS systems
|Competency||What it looks like|
|Tact||Ability to handle conflict, confrontation, disagreement and delicate inter-personal situations in such a manner as to solve the problem and sustain positive relationships|
|Emotionality||Ability to control anger, frustration, tension and nervousness, especially in conflict situations|
|Reliability||Ability to keep to time and other commitments, deliver on commitments to others|
|Coping with pressure||Ability to cope with work, time and people pressures|
|Change agent||Ability to challenge the status quo, promote and endorse change through words and action|
|Non-conventional thinking||Ability to think strategically and radically to break existing patterns of working|
|Organizational understanding||Ability to understand the business environment in which one is working|
|Listening||Ability to listen to the views and ideas of other people, especially those contrary to our own, without undue defensiveness|
|Communication||Ability to write or speak in a manner that communicates the intended message without hurting other people|
|Holding others accountable||Ability to hold self and others accountable for delivering growth targets or goals|
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the required qualification and experiences are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Not later than 23rd August at 4:00 pm.