Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer.
|Organization||Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)|
|Position Title||MEAL Officer|
|Location/Duty Station||Baidoa/ Bakool|
|SUPERVISOR/ Title||Program Director|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
- Job Summary.
The objective of this job is to improve current and future management of outputs, outcomes, impact and asses the performance of projects and programs set by GREDO as an organization. The position requires collecting monitoring and evaluation data from the fields, by analyzing, interpreting, writing reports and disseminationof the final information to different stakeholders.
- Key Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the MEAL plan including use of tools.
- Conduct field monitoring using program/project quality benchmarks checklists
- Compile monthly output tracker of all emergency responses.
- Undertake debriefing session for Program/project team after field monitoring
- Document actions agreed from the debrief include them in the monitoring report and log them into the action plan tracker.
- Disseminate monitoring reports to relevant program focal points.
- Implement actions as per agreed timelines and updating MEAL on progress in implementing the actions.
- Develop/maintain database of complaints/feedback to track resolutions/ communication shared with beneficiaries.
- Collect and manage complaints & feedback and prepare monthly reports.
- Inform management immediately when serious complaints are lodged (Serious complaints which need to be reported to senior management immediately are cases of suspected fraud, corruption, staff misconduct, or abuse of children/beneficiaries).
- Ensure children have opportunities and participate in entire projects cycle in line with their ability, complying with the GREDO Practice Standards.
- Provide support in ensuring that all GREDO interventions have accountability pan flexes/banners.
- Ensure display of program standards (pan flexes) at each of program delivery site.
- Maintain an action plan tracker and keep a regular follow up on actions and resolutions agreed, and undertake verification visits.
- Coordinate and closely work with GREDO partners’ MEAL Counterpart in joint field mission and other joint assignment.
- Ensure a verification field visit is done upon any infrastructural activities is implemented in all respective GREDO operations.
- Support GREDO program Director in leading the proposal development process in terms of MEAL input (log frame, budgeting for MEAL activities and staffing, MEAL narrative plan, etc.).
- Team Work
3.1Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those you work with.
3.2 Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups.
3.3 Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximize impact.
- Qualifications and Experience.
- First degree in development studies (Social Work), Monitoring and Evaluation or any other relevant areas.
- Proven experience in M&E.
- Excellent knowledge of project evaluation and monitoring techniques & key metrics.
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international, non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in emergency responses.
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and audiences;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, MS word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Strata, Epi-data etc.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Fluent in English and the local language is a mandatory.
5.1 Master Degree or post graduate in M&E is an added advantage.
- Working Conditions
This position is based at Baidoa Office and requires travel to other fields/project offices.
- Core Values and Critical Competences.
Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
Commitment Excellence Diversity
Initiating Action Facilitating Change Team Mobilization
Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
Adaptability Negotiation Conflict Management
- Child Protection and safeguarding
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and Gredo as an organization has a dignity of protecting and safeguarding children by giving awareness, protection reporting and taking actions.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject.
The deadline for application is ………………………………
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please provide 3 professional referees e.g. Institution of learning,Previous and current supervisors at workplace.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Baidoa - Bakool
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: M&E Specialist
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: 2 days
2220 total views, 80 today