Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Consultant
Candlelight for Environment, Education & Health
Headquarter office: Hargeisa. Sub-offices: Sheikh| Burao| Erigavo
Postal address: P.O. Box 15518, Nairobi, 00100Kenya
Candlelight is a local, non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political developmental organization dedicated to the improvement of the quality of life of the Somaliland community through the provision of appropriate education, promotion of basic health care, elementary training in environmental conservation, and the creation of employment through viable income generating activities. Candlelight works to relieve the suffering of the poorest and most marginalized and underserved people giving them hope and opportunities to improve their lot through disaster response and sustainable community development. We work with communities all over the world to enable them find solutions to their own problems and challenges. We seek to bring hope by creating and exploiting existing opportunities to improve the living and general conditions of the disadvantaged members of the society.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) is part of everyday Programme Management and are critical to the success of all programmes. MEAL Technical quality is very important across projects. Without an effective M&E system, we would be unable to track project progress and make adjustments, discover unplanned effects of projects/programme, or judge the impact we have made on the lives of those with whom we are working for. M&E System also helps individuals and teams to be accountable to stakeholders through information sharing and developing a complaints and response mechanism which can help to guide program implementation.
Candlelight has recently secured grants for implementing a project titled “Reducing vulnerability and building community resilience to climate change effects in Togdheer and Sahil regions, Somaliland” from its partner organization Kindernothilfe (KNH), The three year project will be implemented in Maroodi Jeex regions of Somaliland. As per the contract, the official start date of the project is January 2017 and will end by Dec 2019. The main sources of income for project beneficiaries are pastoralism and agro pastoralism which heavily rely on the natural resources, and availability of rain and pasture. The project aims at increasing the resilience of 12,450 resources –poor agro pastoralists and pastoralists in the target regions of Maroodi Jeex and so they may better cope with the adverse economic, social, and ecological impacts of climate change. School children will also be reached with a climate change message and be mobilized to plant and care for trees.
Objective of the assignment
In order to improve the capacity of partners in M&E, the project is looking for an experienced MEAL Specialist who will conduct the training of M&E Officers in three NGOs partners. The trainer should be a person with strong MEAL Background and should be able to practically and theoretically equip the training participants the skills they need to fully develop, manage and implement M&E Systems on Projects/Programs.
By the end of the Training participants must be able to:
- Understand and appreciate principles of advanced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in the project/ program cycle.
- Have more competence in designing MEAL frameworks and tools for projects/ programs.
- Appreciate qualitative and quantitate data collection and management for MEAL
- Different methodology must be used in training duration to deliver the training in a participatory and effective manner. These methods must included
- Plenary presentation or class sessions
- Group exercise
- Discussions to experience and information sharing
- Inviting questions and giving answers among the participants and with the trainer
- Conduct a MEAL capacity gaps assessment among partner staff
- Develop an advanced MEAL training package based on MEAL capacity gaps
- Conduct a training for partners
- Produce a training report.
Qualifications of the consultant
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in MEAL Capacity Building in Humanitarian Organization
- Background knowledge of Capacitating NGOs Partners
- Strong Facilitation skills
Applications will only be considered if they include all of the following items (CVs Alone are not acceptable):
- Profile for the consultancy firms / or CV if Individuals
- Proposed methodology
- Work plan and schedule
- Financial Proposal
- Credentials/Academic Certificates of consultant
- A list of previous clients with contact details
- Samples of similar work completed
Duration of the Training
This is a seven days training, therefore, the consultant should base his/her training contents on seven days. The training will commence on 10 February 2019 – From 8:30 – 4:00pm.
Candlelight will be responsible for arranging Training logistics and Venue
- Interested Consultants should send their CVs with three traceable references, along with the company profile (Firms only)
- Detailed financial proposal based on expected daily rates
- Initial work plan and availability of consultant
- Sample report of similar assignment done
Closing Date of the application
Qualified Applicants will be called for Interview
Candlelight Organization is inviting applications from qualified motivated candidates who are interesting to submit their their technical and financial proposal CVs, copy of national ID card/Passport and contact information for three work related referees should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com not later than 14th Feb 2019.
Our contact addresses: |+ 252 63 4421059 |+252 63 4300090 |+ 252 63 4437559 | + 252 63 4606912