MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING TRAINING(ONLINE AND IN CLASS)
MONITORING EVALUATION ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING TRAINING
QETC is set up to provide the best academic and technical service, build the best nation builders, and use business to inspire and implement solutions to socio-economic crisis.
To create lasting peace and harmony through drastic alleviation of modern illiteracy and poverty.
OUR SCHOOL TYPE
Our curricular underline academic and technical distinctions. They are tailored to positively mend the cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains of our clients – most especially students. Our curricular and services accentuate socio-economic values of the Somaliland populace. In addition to that, as far as our English language program is concerned, we follow curricular designed by international educational bodies like ETS from the USA, and CIE and JPIE from the UK (though with few amendments for flexibility and context-focus). More so, language pedagogy is carefully integrated with modern technology. We also partner with Al-Madina International University offering bachelor’s degrees, Masters and PhD programs.
We also offer professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our Monitoring, evaluation, Accountability and learningtraining– which is first of its kind in Somaliland- is scheduled to kick off in the first week of November. Please see below the complete training outline.
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) is a part of every-day-programme management and are critical to the success of all interventions. MEAL technical quality is very important across a portfolio of projects. Without an effective MEAL system we would not be unable to track progress, demonstrate the achievement of the results, make adjustments, discover unplanned effects of interventions, or judge the impact that we have made on the lives of those with whom we are working for. A MEAL system also helps individuals and teams to be accountable to stakeholders through information sharing and developing a complaints or feedback mechanism which can help to guide project’s implementation. This training introduces participants to MEAL concepts and practices. It will stimulate ideas on how to design and implement monitoring and evaluation processes that strengthen accountability, learning and forming decision making process.
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
The training facilitator has over 7 years of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability and Learning experience at different organizations including Save the Children International, World Vision International, Health Poverty Action (formerly known as Health Unlimited) and Caritas Switzerland and Luxemburg among others. His primary area of focus revolves around: development and implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems; taking the lead on the compilation and analysis of program data and learning; designing and conducting research; Setting-up and implementing accountability mechanism. In addition to his hands-on experience on this field, he is currently doing a dissertation on Master’s degree programme in Monitoring and Evaluation at Mount Kenya University. He also did his Bachelor of degree in Statistics and Mathematics with distinction at University of Hargeisa.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This is a general training targeting variety of programme management staff, government officials, middle-level managers, policy makers and project officers working in different settings. This training also is a great eye-opened opportunity for unemployed and fresh graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is a 6-day-long training with 3 hours of theory and practical sessions for each day with following details: Course registration deadline is on 7st December 2018 and course training dates are between 8thand 13th of December, 2018. The Training hours is 5:00pm –8 pm for these days.
The training will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying MEAL
- Design and implement MEAL strategies, systems, and frameworks
- Develop and support the use of MEAL tools and practices in program development
- Supporting the development of MEAL work pieces such as program baselines, mid-term reviews and end lines
- Equip participants with an understanding of the major tools and best practices involved in MEAL
- Provide participants effective rules of thumb and a framework to approach methodological issues in MEAL
- Collect data, ensure data quality management and analyses the data
- Understand project reporting by using MEAL
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Module 1: Introduction Monitoring & Evaluation
- Definition of Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning
- Importance, Purposes and uses of M&E
- M&E and the project/programme cycle
- Principles of Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning
- Barriers to effective M&E
- How MEAL changes M and E
- Exercise: Challenges of MEAL and differentiate evaluation and monitoring questions
Module 2: Development and implementation of MEAL process
- Understanding the heart of M and E- log frame
- Monitoring and evaluation plans and frameworks
- Indicator theory and their practical applications
- Criteria of good indicators
- Tracking performance of the indicators using IPTT tool
- Exercise: develop M and E plan using sample log frame
Module 3: Methods, Tools, and advanced MEAL techniques
- Rational behind Qualitative MEAL methods and their real applications
- Rational behind Quantitative methods MEAL methods and their real applications
- Monitoring and Evaluation methods
- Design M and E tools that meet information needs
- Use of Rapid Rural Appraisal in projects
- Application of participatory Rural appraisal
Module 4: Data collection and analysis and Project reporting of data through MEAL
- Understanding the basics of data collection process using both conventional paper-based ways and newly emerging mobile data collection plat forms
- Understand the importance of data analysis, interpretation and use?
- Importance of data limitations
- Conduct simple qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Use M and E data to report project progress and achievement
- Be able to use data to improve the project by making informed decisions
- Be able to communicate the changes to range of stakeholders including beneficiaries we serve for
- Exercise: conduct quantitative data analysis to track output level indicators of the project using Excel spreadsheet.
Module 5: Accountability and Learning
- Meaning of accountability and learning in practice
- Key aspects of accountability.
- Importance of Accountability
- Information sharing
- Handling Complaints
- Key learning events and their roles: reflection events, real-time evaluation, AAR and final evaluations.
- Exercise: Incorporating Accountability and Learning in Projects
COURSE APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- Registration: training application form is available at our or office or can be easily requested by email(email@example.com)
- The training has both in-class and online classes.
- The offline will be held in Hargeisa, and the online classes will be open to all participants in Somali cities who have internet access (Somalia, Somaliland, Kenya and Ethiopia).
- Pay the course fee which is only 30 dollars covering the facilitator fee, course completion certificate and training materials(presentations and rich reading materials with linked videos)
- Online trainees will be offered the opportunity to interact with the facilitator for period of one month.
- Payment modes: depositat Darasalam account60720125,our ZAAD account 425728, Dahabshil account HRG 32342or even by hand before deadline at QETC( next to Hargeisa Gateway Total, Hargeisa)
- Class session: come to a class with your note book and pen on 8th of December 2018.
- In case you need further details about this course, kindly feel free to reach us at +252634113969.