Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor (Consultant) International / Local National
Scope of work
|Title:Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor (Consultant) International / Local National||Location: Mogadishu, (with regional travel within Somalia)||Duration: 60 days spread over three months
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in south central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
GEEL is seeking short term technical consultant of a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor to support its annual data collection efforts in FY 2018 from June-September 2018. The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will support M&E annual data collection by designing surveys, special studies, and case studies to collect data on specific indicators and gather qualitative data on the level of impact the project has had across the targeted value chains. The M&E Advisor will conduct desk reviews, meet with M&E and technical teams and other key stakeholders to design and implement the relevant data collection methodologies and tools.
The M&E Advisor consultant duties include (but are not limited to):
- In collaboration with M&E team, develop plan of action for annual data collection
- Review all project documents (quarterly and annual reports, special studies, work plans, etc.) to catalogue level of support provided by GEEL since project inception
- Design data collection methodologies for annual indicators
- Meet with technical teams to identify/list activities that require further studies to determine and document the impact of GEEL’s intervention
- Design data collection tools for surveys and qualitative studies
- Conduct training for M&E staff and data collectors on the use of data collection tools and platforms
- Guide and where applicable monitor the data collection processes
- Draft report on annual data collection process documenting findings to support annual data reporting needs
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in the areas of Statistics, Program Management, Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field
- Minimum of 7years of professional experience in a M&E position or consultancy in the agriculture or economic growth sector.
- USAID experience and/or other international donor projects preferable.
- Proven experience in survey designs, special studies, data collection tools and questionnaires, etc. using paper-based approach and mobile applications.
- Experience in monitoring mobile and paper-based data collection
- Experience in writing technical reports and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, performance evaluations for improvement, and reporting
- Strong skills in data collection and analysis, strategic analysis, M&E, identifying trends in data, and the ability to write convincing findings and recommendations
- Solid experience and familiarity with impact evaluations, quantitative and qualitative research methods, surveillance surveys, research methodologies, data analysis, sampling techniques;
- Experience working with multicultural teams and in/on fragile or post-conflict states (preferred)
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant
Deadline by17th May 2018