Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Somalia BUILD Project
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Position Location: BUILD Project,Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates.
TheBringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by fostering increased citizen participation; building the capacity of election management bodies (EMBs) and other relevant government bodies to administer credible elections; and supporting the development of issue-based and viable political parties.
Position Start Date:
Creative Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for BUILD project. The M&E Manager will be responsible for implementing and updating an effective system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels. The M&E Manager will also monitor all grant activities and sub-grantees and ensure that the project complies with USAID performance reporting requirements. S/he will conduct impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future project opportunities.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Monitoring & Evaluation Managerreports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will:
- Makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E based on the project M&E Plan;
- Manages data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Implements and updates the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities using and updating existing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Leads writing of quarterly M&E/PMP and financial reports and assists the COP in writing annual work plans; and
- Utilizes critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on a USAID conflict program;
- Knowledge of USG and other donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume work flow; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in Somalia on similar projects;
- Previous experience working on transition programs in other insecure environments is desirable but not required;
- Proficiency in Arabic is an advantage but not required; and
- University degree in a relevant field desired, but not required.
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resumes & cover letter to email@example.com before 5 PM on Sunday13thJanuary 2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.