Job Description – MyCash Accountant
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for end to end activities ensuring accuracy and completeness of all MyCash & Agency banking transaction, including proper authorization of money transfers, Cash management, Financial Planning & Reporting & Risk Managemen
- Constantly monitor agent’s transaction and float accounts on a daily basis to ensure that they are well within allowed limits
- Provide solutions to all agents’ queries escalated through the finance Manager
- Constantly monitor MyCash & Agency bank account regularly to ensure any payments made are reflected into the MyCash & banking system
- Ensure that MyCash / Agency banking payments into company’s bank accounts are done on a timely basis
- Ensure preparation of daily bank reconciliation of all the MyCash / Agency banking accounts maintained by the company and implement auto bank reconciliation of all the accounts
- Ensure timely resolution of issues to do with the transmission of data between the banks and download into MyCash & Agency banking application programs
- Ensure that agents commission are paid on time and that the invoices comply with all regulations
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university
- Qualified account with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA is a requirement
- 2-3 years accounting experience in a well-established company/organization preferably with a Telecom experience
- Cash Management Experience
- Auditing Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards on receivables and revenue recognition, accounting and reporting in the financial statements
- Good knowledge of bank reconciliations and revaluation process
- Ability to successfully resolve issues related to management of debtors
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in team
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to details
- Self-drives, results oriented and an ability to work without supervision
If you believe you qualify for this position, please apply through our website (www.amtelkom.com) careers.
WE ARE HIRING: JOIN TEAM AMTEL
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team. Full-time.
Amtel Ltd is a telecommunication company that will provide brilliant customer experience in voice and data services throughout Somalia. Our focus is to fulfil our customer’s requirements on all their telecommunication needs. We have a ‘One Stop Shop” offering range of products and services.
- Education: Minimum: Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university Degree
- Experience: Qualified account with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA is a requirement
2-3 years accounting experience in a well-established company/organization preferably with a Telecom experience
Cash Management Experience
Minimum: At least five (5) years’ Accounting in Telecom industry experience preferred
Preferred: Six (6) to seven (7) years’ experience developing and executing strategic marketing and branding.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Our Mission is to put the interest of our business, home and individual subscribers at heart through unmatched quality, choice, value and service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications available only online at www.amtelkom.com (Career)
Due to the high volume of applicant only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.