Radio / Network Planning Engineer
Date June 13 2019
Radio / Network planning
SO! Ltd. (Powered by Somcable) is an ISP that reflects a fresh and innovative range of products and services for the modern Somali consumer. It is an exciting, relevant and affordable option for communication and entertainment
SO! Ltd is the only Authorized Retail Agent for Somcable!!!
It is an ISP that fulfills the connectivity requirements for Organizations and individuals in Somaliland. SO! Uses the latest technology to deliver a full suite of world class services to its customers.
SO! Builds upon Somcable’s strength by using their fiber optic network infrastructure to deliver complete solutions for High Speed Internet, Voice, Multimedia and Enterprise Solutions. This makes SO! the most comprehensive ISP, the only and largest fiber network provider for all of Somaliland communication requirements.
We believe in leadership through people. Our technology and service-delivery strengths comes from our valued employees who have joined SO! & Somcable from all over the world to earn customer trust and loyalty with a continuing commitment to the deployment of innovative technology, reliable, affordable high-quality services and excellent customer care.
We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for design & optimization of RAN, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to SO! Ltd requirements and customer contracts.
Radio / Network planning – RF planning and design of:
- Point to Point radio links
- Point-to-Multipoint radio links
- RAN/Broadband Wireless Access systems such as LTE
- In-building wireless access systems, i.e., WiFi and femto-cells.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the planning environment, this job mainly consists of using industry standard software tools for RF/Network planning and Optimization when performing the following tasks:
- Capacity, dimensioning and coverage planning.
- Base Station and eNodeB planning in LTE environments.
- Validating base stations site configurations.
- Setting of RF specific parameters for each site/base station/sector.
- Propagation modelling including determining the set of assumptions to enable the chosen propagation models to be as accurate as possible.
- Propagation model tuning and analyzing site performance through correlating of field drive test measurements, optimizing and making adjustments to site configurations thereof.
- Frequency and technology-specific radio parameters planning.
- Link budgets and link reliability calculations.
Preparation and submission of RF design deliverables to Wireless Deployment Team. This job often consists of multiple repetitions and iterations as each RF planning project is always a work in progress and may extend even beyond the initial completion of the implementation. Jobs also include expansion planning work on existing systems.
In a project implementation environment, this job requires coordinating with, validating settings and providing support in field of expertise to – project implementation teams including the customer as well as sales teams; an example is when the project implementation requires engineering changes.
Field work/pre-design site surveys whenever required.
Archive with proper documentation and annotations each project that have been completed in the event that these projects have to be revisited, either by the designated planner or others.
Job Type: Full-time
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- 6-7 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- If you have ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications that would be an advantage
- Advanced technical knowledge in the network area of working (Radio, Transport, Core or Wireline)
- Knowledge of local OHS statutory regulations and group OHS requirements
- English Skills
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR COVER LETTER/CV AND CERTIFICATES TO email@example.com before Sunday evening June 27, 2019 at 17:30 pm