Next Economic Project Coordinator
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position
Job Title: Next Economic Project Coordinator (1 Position)
Location: Based in Mogadishu with travels to Hargeisa
The project coordinator will lead the implementation of the project activities under the management of the national program development director. The project coordinator will lead and manage the implementation of the project in both locations. He/she will work with the local and international project implementer partners.
Report to: Direct Line Manager National Program Development Director, Mogadishu, and Technical Manager National Program Development Director, Hargeisa
Key Area of responsibility:
- In close collaboration with the project coordinator and expand, develop, coordinate and manage projects in Hargeisa & Mogadishu location.
- Ensure that activities are in line with budget lines and limitations.
- Responsible for pedagogical planning, development, implementation and follow-up of the project as agreed in the overall plan.
- In close cooperation with all SOS Children’s Village Somalia/SOS Somaliland departments, develop steps and procedures for timely planning and implementation of all components in the project, in particular all trainings and monitoring training activities.
- Prepare monthly report and as required by project coordinator
- Contribute to the development of SOS Children’s Village Somalia/SOS Somaliland strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities in the youth development projects
- Assess needs for capacity building among project staff and local resource persons and partners and discuss actions with project coordinator and national program development manager.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops and compiling training reports.
- Keeps updated data-base on collected information from the youth trainings taking place in the Business Hubs, as well as employment opportunities existing in the job market by carrying out surveys on market and potential employer
- Coach project target youth to define their further soft skill training needs, employment prospects business idea development opportunities and work with the youth as individuals, and sometimes as groups, to assist them in making future career decisions.
- Work out youth internship placement together with the youth coach
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Economics (SME development), business studies, development or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in project implementation preferably in the field of private sector development, SME growth promotion, employment generation and youth/women entrepreneurship enhancement.
- Excellent command in Somali and English languages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Networking skills with the ability to develop synergy with a range of project stakeholders
- Good training or coaching facilitation skills
- basic knowledge and experience in data collection and management
- Proactive, result oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 12th February,2019
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.