NEXUS Platform Manager
NEXUS Platform Manager
The post is opened to International applicants preferably Somali Speaking
Nexus Platform Summary
Nexus is a platform for civil society leadership to advance a new community-driven model of partnership promoting peaceful, thriving, and empowered communities in Somalia and Somaliland. This unique platform, led by nine pioneering Somali NGOs, aspires to lead a locally driven agenda for change, finding common cause and syncing interventions with government authorities, private sector, and the international community.
Employment term: Initially 6 months with likely extension
Report to: NEXUS Steering Committee
Mogadishu (50%) and Nairobi (50%) with possibility of travelling to Somaliland, Puntland, Galmudug, Hirshebele, South-west and Jubaland
Programme Management and partner relationship management
- Provide effective management and coordination of NEXUS programs, including compliance with the agreed platform quality standards.
- Ensure quality programme implementation tools and processes are developed in consultation with the Nexus platform members.
- Oversee the programme budget and liaise directly with the relevant Nexus members.
- Ensure effective collaboration with the platform members by liaising with staff and ensure that Secretariat services and management information are efficiently provided to the Steering Committee.
- Produce overall Nexus strategy progress reports. for the Steering Committee and for the donors as required
- Lead proposal development processes ensuring timely and efficient submission of quality competitive proposals
- Actively fundraise for Nexus and lead in organizing donor meetings and seeking opportunities including strategic partnerships
- Organize and facilitates meetings within member organizations and/or between donors and the steering committee
- Coordinate joint Nexus Platform activities (e.g. reviews, evaluations, trainings etc).
- Oversee the design and production of quality and effective communication including social media, website, case studies, success stories, etc.
- Maintain close relationship with the Steering Committee for necessary approval and sign off of Nexus level activities.
- Lead in the implementation of Advocacy strategy whilst seeking support from Nexus member organizations.
- Regularly draft policy, position papers and briefs in line with views from Nexus members on the topic of concerns.
- Conduct regular analysis on key issues affecting population and impacting humanitarian, peace building and development.
- Identify gaps in research that could be conducted by a nexus
- Liaise with funds manager (Oxfam)on management of seed grants and contracts with Nexus platform members and to other partners, ensuring timely release of grant funds, financial monitoring of partner projects and internal budget monitoring that are in compliance with agreed Nexus and OXFAM financial systems;
- Develop Terms of Reference for appropriate and necessary technical expertise
- Maintain supervisory role and provide day-to-day guidance to the staff members implementing projects funded under NEXUS grants.
- Ensures the Technical Advisors provide appropriate support and coordinate activities among themselves
M&E and Knowledge Management
- Oversee the effective implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework, including all associated systems and processes in collaboration with the Nexus Platform partners.
- Ensures Knowledge, Learning and Sharing are core to the consortium culture and that resources, time and capacities are properly committed to integrating a cycle of reflection, adaptation and action across all activities
- Lead Advocate role and often to facilitate the advocacy work in supporting Nexus priorities. Encouraging others to participate in local advocacy activities.
Coordination, representation and networking
- Establish strong relationship with the donors and ensure regular communication as part of donor relations management role;
- If required and requested by the Steering Committee, represents the Nexus Steering Committee in external forums, including with donors and senior government officials in Somalia and Somaliland
- Develop joint advocacy strategy, plan and messages and obtaining appropriate sign off.
- Enhance engagement with civil society, donors, government and private sector to potential relationship
- Identify opportunities for coordination with humanitarian, peace building and development actors.
- Regular network and representation of Nexus in meetings with Donors, Government, Un and others.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Can demonstrate a minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience in conflict and post conflict setting in coordination or senior management role and have affinity with international development issues; familiarity with the rights-based approach and a commitment to a gender sensitive approach; Experience of working in complex humanitarian situations is preferred.
- Have at least Bachelor and/or Master’s degree from one accredited universities in International relation, social science, political science, development, or related areas.
- Have proven experience of large scale programme and financial management and coordination of complex multi-partner and multi-annual programmes;
- Understanding of and experience with civil society-led platforms, including the tactical approaches for engaging local authorities, international actors and broader civil society.
- Have ability and commitment to leading the Nexus platform for the next Six months with a possibility of extension
- Proven high profile management, coordination and advocacy experience in humanitarian context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong communication, analytical, inter-personal, facilitation and diplomatic skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to improve programme quality
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, with strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Have human management experience and skills in leading and inspiring large teams;
- Strong understanding of conflict sensitivity, governance and peace-building issues, particularly in the Somali and Somaliland context
- Knowledge of local languages relevant to Somalia is not a Must but as an asset.
- Experience with donor systems and procedures is an asset
- Experience in administration and coordination of Consortia / platform structure would be a significant advantage.
- Have a good understanding of the Somalia and Somaliland context.
- Demonstrated understanding of localisation agenda, advocacy and policy approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of advocacy and policy approaches, including the ability to integrate into broader programmatic and platform thinking.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with the subject line clearly marked “NEXUS Platform Manager”. An updated CV with a comprehensive summary of similar or comparable work should be attached.
It should include three (3) referees and be no more than 4 pages.
Complete applications should be sent to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th October 2019, 5:00 PM.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as this position is urgently required. This is a rolling recruitment and Nexus reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate as soon as they are identified.
|Detail and complete job profile is available upon request.|
|Nexus platform is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage|
|applications from women, minority and underrepresented groups.|