Nurse (6 Positions)
Terms of Reference
Lifeline Gedo (LLG) is national non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated towards ensuring that local communities in Somalia are resilient and able to cope with perennial shocks that threaten their livelihoods year in year out. LLG engages in long-term development work, responds to emergency situations, and seeks to address the root causes of poverty.
|1. POSITION INFORMATION|
|Position Title||Nurse (Six Positions)|
|Duty Station||Belet-Hawa and Bardera|
|Reporting Directly To||Health and Nutrition Supervisor|
|Overall Supervision By||Programmes Manager|
|Duration||1 Year with possibility of extension|
|Directly Reporting Staff||None.|
|2. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE|
|Under the overall guidance of the Programmes Manager and under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinatorthe incumbent will be accountable and responsible for the implementation of activities as directly herewith within Lifeline Gedo’s Programme areas.|
|3. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES|
|Specific duties will include the following:
· Support the management and running of mobile outreach clinics as per agreed protocol
· Carefully and thoroughly assess each child and women at check-ups, and record all information clearly and accurately on the OPD/ANC/PNC cards and other registers.
· Administer medicines to under and over 5yrs children and women in line with agreed protocols, and keep records of all supplies used.
· Immediately refer any complicated child/women who need hospitalization to hospital and fill out the referral forms correctly.
· Refer absent and defaulting children/women to the CHWs for follow up.
· Support and guide the CHWs in allocated communities with all outreach, follow-up, counselling and data collection responsibilities.
· With support from the nursing supervisor, carry out IYCF counselling through one-to-one and support group sessions, and support CHWs to do the same.
· Alert the nursing supervisor to any increase in incidence of communicable diseases such as measles, polio, AWD/cholera or others in the communities.
· Participate in any campaigns such as de-worming, hygiene promotion, etc as required.
· Produce and agree weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans with the Nursing Supervisor and Programme Coordinator.
· Provide general consultation services at mobile outreach in keeping with agreed protocols
· Provide SAM and MAM treatment as per National Guidelines at mobile outreaches
· Supervision of CHW’s screening of PLWs and children for malnutrition ensuring accurate records are maintained.
· Record all data from mobile outreach inHMIS as per MoH requirements
· Ensure accurate recording of all medical and nutritional supplies complying with BRCiS requirements
· Complete CSR reporting weekly
· Ensure adequate medical and nutritional and other supplies are stocked on mobile outreach
· Maintain agreed schedule for mobile service provision to the BRCiS communities
· Liaise with communities in relation to the quality of the service delivery
· Work closely with the nursing in the preparation of work plans for the CHWs
· Participate in team meetings and other meetings/trainings as requested.
· Attend mandatory training as required.
· Carry out other activities as agreed with nursing supervisor.
· Accepts and gives constructive criticism
· Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
· Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
· Monitors own work to correct errors
· Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
· Identifies the immediate and peripheral beneficiaries of own work
· Contributes to colleagues’ learning
· Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
· Undertake relevant training as porvided
· Actively shares relevant information
· Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
· Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
· Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
· Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
· Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
· Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
· Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
· Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
· Knowledgeable about and promotes LLG core mandate
· Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
· Contributes to, and follows team objectives
· Gives credit where credit is due
· Seeks input and feedback from others
· Actively supports and implements final group decisions
|· Effectively applies knowledge and skills on LLGs mission, policies and procedures
· Provides solutions to problems or areas where improvement is needed with regards to delivering on LLG’s mandate
|5. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
|· Qualified Nurse
· Additional training on treatment of severe acute malnutrition, health/hygiene promotion, IYCF and/or communicable disease management is desirable.
· At least 2 years’ experience working in health system
· At least 1 year experience working directly with teams in field environments implementing humanitarian activities
· Required LLG functional competencies: team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, extensive travel and deadlines.
|· Proficiency in Somali and working knowledge of English language required|
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or LLG’s Office, in Dolow, Bardera or Belet-Hawa with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for Nurse”by specifying the location or duty station you are applying from.The closing date for application is 12th June 2019. Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Due to the fact this position is urgent, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date