NUTRITION NURSE (4 POSITION)
DEH RELIEF SOMALIA
TITLE: NUTRITION NURSE (4 POSITION)
LOCATION: HOBYO DISTRICT
DURATION: 15TH MAY – 14TH NOVEMBER 2020 (18 MONTHS)
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMME MANAGER
About DEH Relief Somalia (DRS)
DRS is nonprofit, nongovernmental Organization registered with Federal Government Somalia under Ministry of interior and National security with the mandate to provide both humanitarian and development services in South Central Somalia. Our vision is to build healthier, resilient and productive communities in Somalia by providing a continuum of basic needs and strengthening the capacity of vulnerable Somali children, women and men to be more resilient and productive. Our Key thematic areas include; Nutrition, Resilience, Food security & livelihoods, Water, sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); and Health.
With Funding from Somalia Humanitarian fund (SHF), DRS is implementing a project to Provide life saving nutrition intervention to affected population in South Hobyo district in Mudug regions.. The overall project’s objective is to provide life-saving emergency nutrition intervention to moderately malnourished under five children boys, girls and pregnant and lactating mothers by providing integrated nutrition services package for 4 mobile outreach and two static supplementary feeding program at South Hobyo district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare plan of action for effective SFP implementation in consultation with the Supervisor
- Supervise the activities of the CMAM team (registrar/measurers, community mobilizers, community health workers.
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the SFP.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and treatment according to the protocols.
- Review the forms completed by staff to ensure completion, accuracy and coherence
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
- Follow-up and provide feedback to the OTP/SFP Supervisor on the amount and quality of the treatment supplies if it does not comply with specified quality standards.
- Report on progress and any problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria return home as early as possible and understand why their child is not admitted.
- Through liaison with the community mobilizers and nutrition volunteers, provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the programme, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems etc..
- Provide key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge when ever necessary at the SFP/OTP sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly.
Minimum qualifications and work experience.
- Qualified nurse with experience in Nutrition
- Relevant training on food and diets, supplementary feeding programs is an added advantage.
- Previous 2-3 years’ experience in an INGO/NGO with a similar portfolio.
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of national health team members
- Ability to promote team work for effective and efficient output.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan;
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact, advocacy skills;
- Ability to work with a team while developing and implementing programs.
- Ability to assess evolving nutrition needs quickly and calmly under pressure as required.
Interested persons should submit their application and CV to the following Email addresses: vacancies@dehrelieforg indicating the position, thus; “Nutrition Nurse – South Hobyo”. The closing date for receiving proposals is Sunday 12th May, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The assessment of the proposals received will be on a continuous basis due to urgency to fill the position.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2909 total views, 4 today