Nutrition Nurse (One Position)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Two Positions of Nutrition Nurses
Job Title: Nutrition Nurse (One Position)
Location: Hudur, Somalia
The employee is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients. The employee will also provide assistance to nutrition supervisor and the other medical care team where appropriate, recognising that the effective management of the unit depends on effective communication and participation of all members of the team.
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Key Area of responsibility:
- Conducts courses and seminars designed to teach patients and staff about nutrition, hygiene, handwashing, HIV / AIDS, family planning etc.
- Provides medical care and advice to patients/ beneficiaries and other staff as required. Refers more serious cases to the appropriate medical facility or to a visiting medical practitioner.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity
- Monitor, record and report to the doctor in charge any symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Provides mothers and children from the surrounding community with preventative and curative health care services.
- Undertakes visits to the local community, as required, in order to assist community members with health-related matters.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and childbirth, and develop health improvement programs
- Keeps up-to-date with health care issues, particularly those issues affecting mothers and children such as family planning, HIV / AIDS, nutrition and hygiene.
- Keeps a stock of informative materials regarding health-related issues, for general use.
- To work with senior medical staff so as to develop their supervision, training and management skills
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have bachelors degree in nursing/nutrition/public health
- Minimum 1 years of experience in OTP, TSFP and SC program
- Excellent command in Somali languages
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Working with teams
- Community mobilization skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.