Job Advertisement- M&E Officer
Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation services (WRRS) is a humanitarian and Relief organization founded in Somalia in 2004. WRRS envisions promoting a peaceful society that can facilitate social economic activities and co-existence free from poverty and conflict-committed and united towards the reconstruction and development of communities. WRRS Mission is to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Reporting To: Program coordinator Duration: `12 Months
Location: Dobley, Somalia
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for the organization’s projects and contribute to the design and implementation of related core M&E research and development activities of WRRS. The incumbent will work under the guidance of the program coordinator and the Programme Officer to ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation is carried out at outcome level and for ensuring that projects at WRRS maintain their strategic vision and that all activities result in the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
· Key duties andResponsibilities
Develop and maintain a system for archiving M&E guidelines, tools, data files, and analysis files reports and presentation for major activity undertaken.
Develop project and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in project including input for impact related success stories
Support in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on project planning monitoring, evaluation and operations research within the projects
Coordinate mid‐term reviews and evaluation of project activities and ensure proper documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for dissemination and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling‐up in different community settings
Support Program Officer in preparing quarterly/annual reports on projects progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or any other relatedfield
- At least five (3) years relevant experience in monitoring andevaluation
- Strong training and facilitation skills with an ability to initiate and manage change and to recognize and adjust to rapidly changingconditions
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to writereports
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity todiversity
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability tocommunicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to work in a multi-culturalsetting
- High moral standing with impeccableintegrity
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeoutstages
- Experience in managing M&E databasesystems
- Expertise in analyzing data using statisticalsoftware
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statisticalpackages.
- Applicants should be
Application letters and copies of relevant academic and technical qualifications should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later that 15th Oct 2019.
NB: Please note on the subject of the email: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply