Nutrition Store Keeper
For Somaliland Residents Only
Nutrition Store Keeper – Hargeisa.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the Nutrition store keeper is to manage food commodities received and stored in the nutrition food store in the Health centers. The incumbent will also oversee the distribution of the food items to beneficiaries identified by the Nutrition team and ensure they receive the appropriate ration card. The Nutrition store keeper will also compile commodity reports and be responsible for monitoring the activities of the community nutrition workers.
- Food and commodity management
- Ensure that all commodities and food items received are properly stored in the warehouses
- Ensure all the relevant documentations are signed when food is received and issued out.
- Ensure all items in the store are kept on pallets and are properly organized
- Ensure that all stock cards/ are updated every time food items are received and issued out
- Ensure cleanliness, aeration and fumigation of the store to protect the food from getting spoiled
- Assist and coordinate the implementation of WV Nutrition program
- Ensure only beneficiaries with the correct ration card are receiving food as per the standard quantity
- Ensure the beneficiaries have received the correct food ration in the correct quantity
- Ensure that all beneficiaries correct information on how to prepare the food received and the next appointment
- Outreach and community mobilization activities
- Monitor the activities of the CNWs in the target area through regular meeting, review of their reports and monitoring of their activities
- Organize and supervise community nutrition screening activities with CNWs and nutrition staff.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Diploma in Warehouse Management any other related fields
- Experience: Two years’ experience working in a health center or community store especially managing food or medical items.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field based with close interaction with community volunteers and leaders
- Travel: 100% Domestic travel is required
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 6th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted