SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir & Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position of Nutrition Supervisor.
Job Title: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Hudur, Somalia
The employee is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients. The employee will also provide assistance to the project coordinator and the other medical care team where appropriate, recognising that the effective management of hospital depends on effective communication and participation of all members of the team.
Report to: Project Coordinator
Key Area of responsibility:
- Coordinate and functionally manage the planning and direction of SOS Nutrition
Activities under his/her jurisdiction areas.
- Work in collaboration with the Nutritionist and Logistics Officer to provide technical support to all Nutrition team members.
- Plan and implement the specified nutrition components in the program portfolio in close collaboration with medical and non-medical personnel.
- Promote community participation in all nutrition promotion activities.
- Improve Community awareness of the malnutrition status while further educating on best food and diets (including the importance of IYCF )
- Organizes staff training on appropriate nutrition training and capacity developments: IMAM, CMAM, and IYCF.
- Line manages other Nutrition staff in the sites and regions under his/her region.
- Conduct appraisals for the Nutrition staff when due.
- Supervision and monitoring of nutrition activities and programmers both at facility and outreach levels
- Ensure that supplies needed by programs under his/her supervision are properly managed while producing good consumption plans.
- Ensure needy patients are admitted into OP/TSFP/SC program
- Carry out follow up in the OTP/SFP/SCs where possible, while undertaking periodical meetings with the CHWs for defaulter tracing and improved service utilization rates.
- Constantly monitor the nutrition needs in the project area and propose appropriate action in collaboration with the Nutritionist
- Participate in needs assessment to establish future nutrition programs
- Participate in the writing of timely and accurate monthly reports in collaboration with the supervisor
- Ensures good standards in the delivery of preventive and nutrition promoting services
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in nursing/nutrition/public health
- Minimum 1 years of experience in supervising nutrition program
- Leadership skills
- Report writing skills
- Excellent command in Somali languages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.