SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT
Terms of Reference
|Position Title||Office Secretary|
|Department||Finance and Administration|
|Reporting to||Head of Administration|
|Duration||20 Months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Puntland State of Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the Position
· Cove the reception desk, answering and direct phone calls and provide general support to visitors
Scope of Service
- Reporting to the head of Administration and has Carry out secretary/Administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning and maintain a electronic filing system
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs and placing and proposing orders for managers approval
- Book travel and accommodation arrangements, conference calls, taxis, couriers
- Submit and reconcile petty cash expense reports
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- use content management systems (CMS) to maintain and update websites and internal databases
- manage and maintain budgets and carry out invoicing
- sort and distribute incoming post and organize and send outgoing post (this may involve the use of a franking machine)
- Recruit, train and supervise junior staff and delegate work as required,
- Manipulate statistical data
- arrange in-house and external events,
- Arrange training for staff members.
- Any other tasks assigned by the procurement department head.
RequiredQualifications, Experience and Skills
- High School degree, additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary such as certificate/Diploma in Business Administration or and Bachelor in Business Administration will be considered;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an office environment;
- Ability to work in multicultural team and handle multiple projects;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Working knowledge of equipment, printers and copy machines;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Power point, particularly);
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Proficiency on writing and verbal communication skills both in English and Somali;
- Strong organization skills with ability to multi-task;
- Previous experience with a non-for-profit entity is preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize a heavy volume of tasks.
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org , Closing date by 25thMay, 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “Office secretaryMPWRH PL state & VAno 0081/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.