|Position Title:||Operations Manager (1 Position)|
|Duty Station:||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Closing date||14th August 2019|
|Employment period||One year with the possibility of extension.|
|Division: Operations||Report to: Executive Chairman|
OVERVIEW OF WARDI
WARDI is one of the leading national none governmental organizations in Somalia with operational presence across six regions in south central.WARDI’s mission is to provide dignified support to people affected by crises to enable them lead a dignified and prosperous life. WARDI has offices in Mogadishu,Beletweyne and BuloBurte in South Central as well a liaison office in Nairobi.WARDI specializes in responding to humanitarian emergencies, bridging the gap between crisis and resilience as well as long-term developmental projects with track record in implementing high quality health and nutrition, Food Security and Livelihood, Education, protection and WASH interventions. Our programming has the distinct attributes of applying bottom up approach that puts the communities, local authorities and governments (National and Federal states) we work with at the center of our programmes.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate to fill in the position of operations manger.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall financial management and overseeing of WARDI’s operations departments of Human Resources, Procurement and Finance. He/she will help in creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Programs director, sector level managers, including finance, human resource and logistics/procurement managers.
The position will be responsible for all the functions of the critical departments of Human Resource, Finance and procurement ensuring smooth working environment and synergy is created.
Working with the management team, the position will contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The operations manager will report to the executive chairman and will serve as a member of the senior Management Team along with the chairman, Programs Director, finance manager and sector level managers. This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure providing leadership for the organization’s financial and programmatic functions realize organizational effectiveness.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the functions and workings of the critical sections of Finance, Human Resource and Procurement.
- Develop, Implement and Review operational policies and procedures and ensure that employees are versed with the current operational policy and advice the BOD on the same.
- Oversee Budgeting/planning, Reporting, closure and auditing of the projects.
- Contribute to the achievement of WARDI’s mission through the systematic improvement of the operational systems, processes and policies. Specifically, he/she will support better management reporting, information flow and management, organizational process and organizational planning.
- Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency and also improve and maintain databases and filling systems.
- Working with the Programs Director, plan the prudent use of human resources. Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff; establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the programs director.
- Support in managing and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Support Services (HR, Logistics/procurement and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and program functions.
- Participate in long-term planning, including in initiatives geared towards WARDI’s operational excellence.
- Management of WARDI’s budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Improve payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits in consultation with the finance manager.
- Facilitate and organize monthly meetings with SMT on matters related to KPI.
- Initiate and see through the organization’s internal audits and as well manage donor initiated project based and system wide audits.
- Ensure that compliance is ensured as per the donor obligation.
- Take part in the drafting of annual reports detailing the work undertaken by WARDI and the impact it has had on the people and communities served.
- Ensure WARDI’s programsare of high quality and are delivered according to the highest standards possible.
- Maintain close communication with all stakeholders including the line ministries of the federal government of Somalia and donors.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- At least 7 years of professional experience relevant to the desired position preferably in the NGOs or UN- Agencies.
- A master degree in finance, commerce, Business Administration, project planning and management or other closely related degree.
- Experience in managing and leading highly skilled staff teams.
- Experience in Management, Operations, and Leadership.
- Solid Understanding in Financial management, Procurement process and Human Resources management.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral with practical computer skills and competence with Microsoft office environment.
The position will be based in Mogadishu with frequent travels to field offices.
How to Apply:
Application letters enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least three recent referees and cover letter should be addressed to:
The Human Resource manager, WARDI Relief and Development Initiative, Mogadishu office using the email address email@example.com latest 14th August 2019.
Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.