Operations & Supply Chain Manager
Job Description: Operations & Supply Chain Manager
Title: Operations & Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: Business Operations Director
Supervises: Supply Chain Officer, Procurement Officer& Senior Logistics and Security Officer
Commitment: Full time
Working Hours: Regular Hours
Location: Hargeisa with possibility of Local, and International travels.
Who we are
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” across over 60 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
The OPS and Supply Chain Manager reports to the Business Operations Director and is directly responsible for managing the Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, and Logistics functions of the platform.
The Operations & Supply Manager must be able to manage with strategic direction, strengthen and build local capacity in these areas. Additionally, the OPS & Supply Chain Manager is expected to provide strategic advice to the Senior Management team including: Business Operations Director, Deputy Country Representative and Country Representative for the overall platform management.
- Directly supervise the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics and Security teams as direct reports
- Identify and address existing operational and managerial gaps in the areas of, procurement, Supply chain: warehousing, logistics (including vehicles) and security management
Procurement Planning & Execution:
- Oversee the process of establishing prequalified suppliers, in accordance with PSI-SOM’s vendors pre-qualification and selection processes.
- Responsible for Due Diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism compliance) for all contracted Suppliers In collaboration with the Dept heads (budget holders),
Oversee Supply Chain & Inventory Management:
- Ensure all PSI Ethical products and brand names are locally registered
- Oversee the supply planning and ordering process of the ethical products is done in accordance with PSI global procurement procedures
- Ensure monthly Stock status reports are prepared and shared with the concerned parties
Logistics, Travel, & Duty of Care Management:
- Oversee the travel management and coordination of both local and international travels by
- Ensure entry permits- visas, work permits are processed on time
- Ensure efficient fleet management system is place: Monthly travel plans, weekly and Daily trip plans are submitted
- Require International travel plans and upcoming meetings and events
- Ensure PSI international travel protocols are adhered
Technical Management & Systems:
- Establish efficient & effective Supply Chain Management Information Systems that support the design and implementation of quality healthcare programming without compromising compliance.
- Supply systems, tools and practices: Lead the development, standardization and use of best practices across PSI-SOM offices,
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of 5 + years relevant experience in similar-sized organization
- Minimum three years of managing Operations or Supply chain and Logistics.
- 3+ years management experience, preferably in a developing country context
- Proficiency in English is required
What would get us excited?
- Experience managing multiple projects and integrated programs in highly demanding environment.
- Experience with Operational and Supply chain management of large donor funded programs
- Excellent communication, and writing skills,
Contact Us if You Have What it Takes:
Successful candidates will have experience in
, Operations and Supply Chain management. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in operations management, organizational development, development of business policies and practices and financial management.
If you think you are a great fit we would love to hear from you. The position will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Send a note sharing how you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you can contribute along with your resume to email@example.com not later than July 21,2018.