OTP Nurse in Charge
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position
Job Title: OTP Nurse in Charge
Location: Hudur, Somalia
The Nurse in Charge of OPD will ensure safe smooth running of medical clinics and procedures. This will involve the day to day running of the outpatient clinic and planned procedures. The nurse will also be involved in procedures and the care of the patients’ infusions, transfusions, etc.
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Key Area of responsibility:
- Provide effective, safe and timely appropriate care and procedures to meet demand.
- Liaises with the Supervisor when there are issues that negatively impact on the provision of a timely service.
- Collect and document information systematically and comprehensively, through assessment, interview, observation and other sources of data.
- Findings are documented and reported recognizing the need for immediate and ongoing intervention and incorporated in the clinical record.
- Ensure the patient’s legal, privacy and confidentiality rights are known and understood by the patient.
- Care provided is evidence based.
- Appropriately initiate, maintain and terminate therapeutic relationships/partnerships.
- Practice within team settings, accepting responsibility for decisions and activities implemented.
- Procedural requirements are met in accordance with laid out policies and protocols.
- Accidents, incidents, errors/omissions are acknowledged, reported and documented promptly.
- Initiates action to reduce / correct / prevent actual or potential risks to patients and colleagues
- Effective time management, priority setting, co-ordination and communication skills are practiced.
- Ensure that the available equipment and supplies are used safely and economically.
- Accept referrals and organize the clinic for patients referred to the Medical Procedure clinic according to protocols and standards
- Ensure infection prevention & control of the unit at all times
- Ensure that all concerns, complaints and issues are brought to the attention of the Doctor in Charge in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in nursing or midwifery or Diploma from SOS Nursing School
- Minimum 2 years of experience in supervising nursing services in busy hospital or referral health Centre
- Leadership skills
- Managing teams
- Report writing skills
- Excellent command in Somali languages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
|· basic knowledge and experience in nutrition|
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.