SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently works in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position
Job Title: Paediatric Nurse (1 Position)
Location: Based in Mogadishu/Heliwa
To ensure that patients admitted in SOS Mother and Child Hospital are provided with quality health and nursing care as per Somalia Standard Treatment Guidelines.
Report to: Hospital Matron
Key Area of responsibility:
- Evaluate and oversee pediatric patients in the wards and report to doctors and supervisors any changes in condition
- Maintain and calibrate pediatric ward equipment for patient safety and support
- Administer medications as prescribed by attending pediatric physician
- Connect intravenous lines to administer medication and extract samples
- Communicate with parents/guardians the plan of care and scope of treatment
- Obtain and evaluate test results
- Provide nursing care for patients in pediatric wards
- Ensure patients are fed and cared for accordingly
- Ensure infection prevention and control measures are instituted to ensure safe and clean environment for patients
- Supervise students and support staff in pediatric ward
- Prepare and submit daily handover reports to night/day shift staff and matron
- Consult with physicians and other nurses on plan of care, progress and prognosis
- Record patient data in the registers and prepare monthly reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required or Diploma in Nursing from SOS Nursing School
- Current and valid RN license from the state
- 3+ years’ experience working in a high-volume paediatric ward
- Current PALS (Paediatric Advanced Life Support) certificate a plus
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certificate preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of all ward equipment (e.g. incubator, ventilator, etc.)
- Ability to work in an multicultural environment
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 28th February,2019
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.