Paediatric Volunteer Doctor (4 Positions)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Positions of Volunteer Doctor.
Job Title: Paediatric Volunteer Doctor (4 Positions)
The intern Doctor will learn diagnostic procedures and management of children under the guidance of the senior doctors in the department. The intern will learn to treat and care for children using Somalia Standard treatment guidelines and other applicable guidelines.
Report to: Doctor incharge (paediatrics)
Key Area of responsibility:
- Take History, examination, investigation, resuscitation, management and care of new borns
- Do Triaging, assessment, admission and management of acutely ill children in the emergency ward
- Do History taking, assessment, investigation and management of children attending outpatient department
- Triaging, assessment, admission, care and management of under-fives with moderate to severe acute malnutrition
- Do Assessment, investigation, classification and management of mild, moderate and severe forms of dehydration, pneumonia, measles and other common childhood illnesses
- Do Management and reporting of common communicable diseases
- Provide Health education to clients and communities
- Perform Referral services for complicated cases
- Assist to Conduct ward rounds
- Assist to Review frequently severe cases admitted in the wards
- Assist night duty staff in providing patient care
- Consult with doctor in charge for all complicated cases
A loving home for every child
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Good counselling and communication skills
- Observing client confidentiality and privacy
- Good experience in IMCI & ETAT Able to provide Basic Life Support to women and newborns
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- A good communicator with other midwives, doctors, support staff, individuals, families and Para patients.
- Very good organization skills
- Team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Closing date is 16th May 2019
Competent Female candidate are Preferable to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
A loving home for every child