People and Culture Coordinator
For Somaliland Residents Only
People and Culture Coordinator: Hargeisa, Somaliland
The People & Culture Coordinator will provide business partnering and administration of the human resource function inWorld Vision Somaliland in line with WV Somaliland People & Culture policies, Partnership standards and Somaliland labor laws. The position holder will have a keen eye on providing efficient customer service to all departments and relevant partners.
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Coordinate recruitment processes for Somaliland operations in line with WV Somaliland recruitment policy and promote diversity and gender balance.
- Develop quarterly workforce plans in liaison with Project Managers
- To ensure accurate entry of information by the hiring manager in HRIS and facilitate short listing processes in collaboration with the hiring managers
- Organize and facilitate interviews for panel members, draft interview minutes and send interview documents for review by the P&C Manager before an offer is made
- Coordinate the onboarding processes for all new staff.
- Ensure all Somaliland employee files are consistently updated.
- Maintain an up to date staff list with contract dates on a monthly basis to be shared with the Operations managers and People &Culture Manager
- Track all contract end dates and ensure probation appraisals, renewals and/or giving of notices are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure that employee changes for Somaliland are entered in HRIS
- Coordinate separation processes for staff who are leaving the organization
Staff Compensation/Benefits and Staff Care
- Manage Somaliland Staff medical scheme in close working with the Staff Well Being Coordinator.
- Collate and coordinate Somaliland staff payroll changes to ensure accuracy of payroll in consultations with the Compensation Coordinator.
- Coordinate staff welfare initiatives andensure documentation of meeting minutes during staff general meetings.
Training and Development/Performance Management
- Orient new staff on performance management tools and Learning & Development policy & processes
- Monitor submission and report submission rates of performance agreements, mid-year and annual performance reviews to the Training & Development Officer
- Provide input in the assessment of annual training needs in collaboration with project managers and the Training and Development Officer
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in recruitment, benefits administration, records management, contract management and HR policy administration in a large international organization;
- Must have a proven track record of integrity and honesty and the ability to apply HR principles in a fair and consistent manner.
- Must demonstrate very good understanding of Somaliland labor laws and its application.
- Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Should have good report writing skills, can articulate issues clearly with good negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Should be very organized with excellent multitasking skills and ability to engage successfully with external stakeholders like the government.
- Should demonstrate superior knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to details with good analytical skills.
AllInterested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All applications should be received by 7th December, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.