Policy, Records and Merit Protection Officer
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1)
|Job Title:||Policy, Records and Merit Protection Officer|
|Ministry / institution:||Civil Service Commission|
|Department:||Policy, Records and Merit Protection|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Director of Policy, Records and MeritProtection|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
1. Purpose of theposition
Policy, Records and Merit Protection officer will assist the Director of Policy, Records and Merit Protection in disseminating instructions and regulations concerning the management of the Civil Service and keeping records of Appeals and Disciplinary cases dealt with by theCommission.
2. Responsibilities and Duties
The Correspondence and Records officer is required to:
- Prepare routine correspondence in relation to the work of theDepartment.
- Keep files of all correspondence and documents received by the department,other than documents to be filed in PersonalFiles.
- Circulate information on regulations and instructions that have been approved by the Civil Service Commissioners and coordinate training for EmployingAuthorities and Civil Servants on instructions andregulations.
- Maintain confidential files on Appeals from Civil Servants under the terms of Section 24 of the Civil Service Law and ensure that records of investigationsand decisions are accuratelyfiled.
- Keep records of the deliberations of the Appeals Board for each case andthe decision of theCommissioners.
- Maintain confidential files on disciplinary procedures in cases of misconduct by Civil Servants, in accordance with procedures and guidelines issued by theCivil Service Commission.
- Contribute information to quarterly and annual reports on Civil Service appealsand disciplinarymatters.
- Assist with other work of the Policy, Records and Merit ProtectionDepartment.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the management
3. Qualifications andExperience
- Secondary Certificate or Higher Diploma. Diploma in Human Resource Managementdesirable or BA
- Two years of experience in an administrative role in humanresource management.
- Knowledge of human resource management functionsdesirable.
- Able to translate both Somali and English Knowledge languages.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, internet, andExcel.
- Able to collate, analyse and disseminate information in a clear and concisemanner.
- Able to work independently and as part of ateam.
- Tactful and polite with excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including listening and questioningskills.
- Able to present information in a clear and logical
- Honest and fair in applying rules and to be firm and assertive when required by circumstances.
- Able to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order tomeet deadlines.
- Able to be proactive and work unsupervised.
How to apply
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com by not later than 10 Jan 2019
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website. www.somalijobs.net