Pre-qualified supplier for the provision of vehicle rental
Pre-qualified supplier for the provision of vehicle rental.
- Position: Pre-qualified supplier for the provision of Vehicle rental
- Organizational Background
Somali peace Line (SPL) is non-profit making and non-governmental local organization, established to contribute towards bringing lasting and sustainable peace, advocate for human rights of disadvantage groups, capacity building, social harmony and good governance.
Somali Peace Line was founded in 1995, following the second International Congress of Somali Studies in Paris, France that looked at the “Culture of Peace in Somalia”. SPL fulfills a distinct mandate and is guided by the principles of Political and Social Non-partisanship, Transparency & Accountability, Best Interests of the Child, belief in the capacity of Somalis to solve their own problems, Gender equity and reduction and/or elimination of poverty and illiteracy as a means to sustainable peace. SPL is committed to empower Somali Society to solve its internal problems through peaceful dialogue. SPL is a key member organization of the Somali civil society organizations and is continually acknowledged and appreciated by its partners for its tireless commitment and collaboration in the cause of social change.
Somali Peace Line has Child safeguarding policy and anyone who is going to work under Somali Peace Line must sign the child safeguarding policy documents as SPL is committed to prevent and protect all children from abuse with whom we contract directly or indirectly.
SPL Somali Peace line is seeking for candidates for pre-qualified suppliers list of Car hire services firms in Mogadishu, Jowhar, Adado, Afgoye Baladweyn, Abudwak, and Baidoa.
The competition is open for car hire firms with cars that can meet below criteria:
- a fleet of 4X4 vehicles for access of remote terrains,
- prices should include be inclusive of drivers allowance and fuel.
- The bidding company should ensure that the vehicles have comprehensive insurance cover,
- valid driving licenses and vehicle tracking devices fitted.
- Willing to observe Somali Peace Line’s Child Safeguarding code of conduct
Bidders should quote for Daily price service price/ monthly rental price and total price and areas of operations. Price indicated on the price schedule shall be the cost of the service quoted including all customs duties and VAT and other taxes payable. Price quoted by the tender shall remain fixed during the term of the contract.
- Documents to be submitted
All interested bidders should submit the following documents with their quotations
- Legally registered with relevant ministries / Local authorities
- clearance letter from CID in Mogadishu / or the police station in the districts outside Mogadishu
- Efficiency in response to request for quotation (RFQ).
- Company profile
- To have bank account
- Quality customer service
- Market competitive rates
- Credit period of up to 8 days.
- Application process:
- To apply send all relevant documents to: email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 20th April 2019. Applications after the set date will not be accepted
- We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contact
- For suppliers who do not have internet access please submit sealed envelope containing all required documents to SPL office in your town.
- Child Safeguarding
Principles and values
The following principles and values reflect SPL’s stance on child Safeguarding:
1. Zero tolerance of child abuse:
SPL does not tolerate any form of child abuse, nor does it tolerate possession or access to any material that is abusive towards children. Guidance and training on child safeguarding risk management is provided to SPL staff. SPL will not knowingly engage anyone who poses a direct risk to children.
2. Recognition of children’s interests:
SPL recognizes that some children are at greater risk of abuse. Of particular vulnerability are children with disabilities, children in conflict situations as well as children in natural or post natural disaster situations (draughts, floods) as well as man-made disaster situations (violent clan conflicts, forced evictions etc).
3. Sharing responsibility of child safeguarding.
When bidding for projects in association with firms that do not have a Child Safeguarding Policy, SPL will ensure that associate firms agree to adopt SPL’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct for the duration of the project.