Primary school teacher
Title: Primary school teacher
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Application Deadline: 13th August 2019
SOS Children’s Villages is an international social development organisation, focussing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. SOS upholds the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit one primary school teacher who will be working in our HG primary school in Hargeisa. The school teacher is expected to contribute to the intellectual, spiritual, moral and physical development of the young children assigned to her/his class preparing them for future life and independence. She/he is supposed to implement extra-curricular activities as well as contributing in scheduling and planning process.
SOS is looking for a young graduate teacher with previous experience, who will be able to teach Arabic and Islamic studies subjects.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in education from a recognized university.
- Certificate in Islamic studies.
- Previous teaching experience of at least two years in primary schools
- Fluent in Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Background knowledge on teaching languages to non-native speakers.
- Knowledge on modern teaching methodologies, curriculum delivery and classroom management techniques is essential.
- Knowledge on child rights, child protection and positive discipline.
- Ability to build positive relationship with school community.
- Excellent preparation and organization skills.
- Excellent communication, planning, computer skills and ability to work with minimum
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees on or before 13th August 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate (Teacher) in the subject area. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please make sure you write the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
- SOS HG Hargeisa Primary School is a non-smoking environment.
A loving home for every child